Finance firms to offer job-search guidance
- Pie IN THE Sky? Guttentag, Jack // Mortgage Banking;Aug2003, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p78
Reveals the results for mortgage loan servicers of designing a system around the needs of borrowers (SSB). Consumer dissatisfaction; Web-based SSB features; Access to payment history; Cost-reduction refinance opportunities; Private mortgage insurance termination; Alternative payment options.
- Product Innovation: a Balanced Approach. Tescher, Jennifer // American Banker;2/29/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 41, p11
The author offers opinions on the creation of new small loans for consumers based on their wage payments. The abuses of payday-loan services have resulted in major banks seeking to create similar loan products which are more consumer-friendly, both in the field of payday loan advances and...
- Chase Exec: Customer Focus Crucial to Success On-Line. BROCKMAN, JOSHUA // American Banker;1/31/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 20, p7
Discusses the importance of customer services in the United States mortgage banking industry, according to Chase Manhattan Mortgage Group chief information officer Gary F. Moore. Lenders' need to be accessible to customers; Rising customer expectations for online mortgage services.
- Briefs. // Pratt's Letter;12/23/2013, p4
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. as of December 23, 2013 on topics including the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) mortgage rules on loan originator and the results survey made by the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) on banks services.
- Drawbacks and Pitfalls of Accepting Mortgage Applications Online. Feig, Nancy // Community Banker;Jun2004, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p31
Enumerates the drawbacks and pitfalls of accepting mortgage applications online by community banks in the U.S. Uncertainty on the return of investment; Outlook of consumers on personal customer service; Reasons behind the concerns of consumers in giving financial information online.
- ASP Selection. Allen, Leilani // Mortgage Banking;Jun2000, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p121
Deals with the partnership of mortgage loan servicers with application service providers (ASP). Reason for partnering with an ASP; Factors to consider in choosing an ASP; Advantage of ASP to mortgage firms.
- J.D. Power ranks USAA highest in mortgage servicing satisfaction. // Mortgage Banking;Sep2006, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p14
The article reports on the selection of USAA Federal Savings Bank as the number one mortgage loan servicing in terms of customer satisfaction in the U.S. The J.D. Power and Associates report measures customer service through the company's servicing of a mortgage loan. The bank received an...
- Strides in technology need to be matched on personnel front. Pratt, Jim // American Banker;9/5/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 170, p27
Opinion. Comments on uneven changes in the areas of loan origination, secondary marketing and loan servicing in mortgage banking in the United States. Automation of various tasks; Importance of having personal contact with investors; Growth of correspondent and wholesale loan purchases; Need...
- More Assistance for Jobless Borrowers. Berry, Kate // American Banker;7/6/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 102, p15
The article reports that U.S. mortgage servicers are required to put unemployed homeowners whose loans aren't owned by the government-sponsored enterprises Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac on forbearance plans that defer mortgage payments.