DP'S DOUBLE DUTY
- 'Goonies' Again. Bierly, Mandi // Entertainment Weekly;12/12/2003, Issue 741, p14
Reveals the plans of director Richard Donner to make a sequel for the 1980s film "Goonies."
- THE BIG TIME. Matin, Randy // Daily Variety;05/17/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 53, pA1
Focuses on the complexity of cinematography in large format. Diversity of the challenges for motion picture directors; Irrelevance of the ideas acquired in school; Strategy of translating the stage experience into a satisfying film experience.
- EDITOR'S LETTER. Dallas, Sam // Inside Film;Nov2010, Issue 137, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on upcoming film sequels, the preview of the upcoming Screen Producers Association of Australia (SPAA) Conference on November 16-19, 2010, and the Kodak Inside Film Awards on November 14, 2010.
- Thai director plans follow-up to hit 'Suriyothai'. Elmore, Mick // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/10/2002, Vol. 376 Issue 23, p10
Reports that director of Thailand's 2001 successful motion picture 'Suriyothai' Chatrichalerm Yukol is planning to start shooting of a sequel to the film in 2003. Name of the sequel; Budget of 'Suriyothai'; Director who has been chosen to package the film for international release.
- Helmer Russell may be U's Rock 'King.' Brodesser, Claude // Daily Variety;11/17/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 55, p8
Reveals that director Chuck Russell is in negotiations to direct the motion picture 'The Scorpion King.' Second sequel to Universal Pictures' hit movie 'The Mummy'; Spinoff of Universal Pictures' 'The Mummy Returns'; Film credits of Russell.
- ARTS/ENTERTAINMENT. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/23/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p7
The article announces that the intensive directors laboratory "Utah Digital Directors Project" has been launched by the Salt Lake Film Society.
- JOHN HEYER. Williams, Deane // Metro;Spring2001, Issue 129/130, p248
Focuses on the contributions of director John Heyer in the cinematography in Australia. Involvement of Heyer in the film society movement; Movies produced by Heyer; Context of the movie 'The Valley is Ours.'
- Reel war: Oscar covers the battlefields. // Daily Variety;1/18/2002 Special Issue, Vol. 274 Issue 35, p6
Discusses guidelines on the impact of wartime politics and experiences influence Oscar nomination. Emphasis on the movies style of relinquishing the important events; Significance of blending the special effects with the genre of reality; Role of the directors in producing sophisticated...
- New Wrinkles In Saatchi Showcase. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;06/23/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 25, p1
Reports on changes implemented in the Saatchi & Saatchi New Directors Showcase, which was presented at the Cannes International Advertising Festival in 2000. Representation for up-and-coming film directors in the field of animation; Other film directors whose work were showcased during the event.