THE PRODUCER'S PERSPECTIVE
- THE MATRIX RELOADS. Cagle, Jess // Time International (South Pacific Edition);5/13/2002, Issue 18, p62
Highlights sequels to the motion picture 'The Matrix', starring Keanu Reeves. Description of the plots to 'Matrix Reloaded' and 'Matrix Revolutions'; Cast members; Question of how to improve on a film whose unique style has been copied by other action films.
- 'Trix a treat. Mathieson, Craig // Bulletin with Newsweek;5/27/2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6374, p84
The film 'Matrix' sequel 'The Matrix Overloaded' overshadows the original's special effects, but fails to match its dramatic conceits. 'The Matrix' was a self-contained masterpiece about an intricate combination of philosophy, groundbreaking visual effects, suspense and high-octane martial arts....
- BULLET TIME. Helms, Michael // Cinefantastique;Apr/May2003, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p24
The article highlights the creation and production of "The Matrix" sequels "The Matrix Reloaded" and "The Matrix Revolutions." The films are produced by Joel Silver, directed by Andy and Larry Wachowski with production designer Owen Paterson. Geof Darrow provided artwork for the Zion setting for...
- PIXEL-PERFECT DIGITAL CLONES ARE READY FOR THEIR CLOSE-UPS. Dyer, Nicole // Popular Science;May2003, Vol. 262 Issue 5, p52
Focuses on the visual special effects used in the motion pictures 'The Matrix Re-loaded' and 'The Matrix Revolutions.' Use of computer graphics for creation of synthetic images of the motion picture actors; Process of creation of photo-realistic digital copies of the faces of the actors;...
- CINEMATIC COVERS II. Palagano, Teresa // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;May2003, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p21
Focuses on the popularity of motion picture sequels in the U.S. as of May 1, 2003. Attractions featured in the motion pictures; Benefits of motion picture sequels to magazine publications; Theme of the film 'The Matrix Reloaded.'
- SEQUELS: THE WAITING GAME. Rozen, Leah // People;4/10/2006, Vol. 65 Issue 14, p31
This article presents information about the length of time between some popular movies and the making of their sequel compared to the 14 years between making "Basic Instinct" and Basic Instinct 2." It was six months between "The Matrix Reloaded" and The Matrix Revolutions," 12 years between...
- Remakes & retreads. Price, Mike // Fort Worth Business Press;4/25/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p16
Discusses the increasing number of film franchises. Significance of the popularity of film sequels and remakes; Information on the Star Wars film franchise; Examples of film sequels and remakes to be released in 2003, including 'The Matrix Reloaded'; Details on several film franchises with poor...
- 'The MATRIX' Reloads: BACK IN BLACK. Gordon, Devin // Bulletin with Newsweek;5/6/2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6371, p50
This article focuses on the sequel of the motion picture 'The Matrix,' called 'The Matrix Reloaded.' The actor Keanu reeves in the movie uses four different weapons, a scythe, two sticks, one big stick called a kun and a sword. Writers-directors-brothers Larry and Andy Wachowski originally...
- Every Man a Demiurge. Walker, Jesse // Reason;Feb2004, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p64
Discusses a trend of movies in the U.S. called the demiurge cycle as of February 2004. Description of "Matrix," "The Matrix Reloaded," and "The Matrix: Revolutions;" Movies using the idea that what is experienced as reality is a false and malevolent illusion; Notion of the demiurge cycle.