- The Glory That Was Grease. Kattleman, Terry // Advertising Age's Creativity;Jun2001, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p97
Features Chinagraph, an advertising editing agency based in New York City. Origin of the firm; Rationale for the name chosen; Appointment of staff in the creative department; Projects with British commercial film directors; Customer service in the postproduction business.
- The Kindest Cut. Kaplan, Ben // New York;12/3/2001, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p82
Previews the Master Class: The Art of Film Editing program, which deals with discussions about films and editing techniques.
- Campaign: Mervyn's. // CREATIVITY;Apr2003, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the advertising campaign developed by Venables Bell & Partners for Mervyn's. Says Venables Bell co-CD Paul Venables, "In this current retail environment of crash and burn and discount, Mervyn's has instead decided to invest in its brand." It is led by two funny and true to...
- Agencies revel in the creative freedom animation provides. Hall, Emma // Campaign;07/16/99, Issue 28, p16
Focuses on the increasing use of animation among advertising agencies in Great Britain. Flexibility of the medium in exploring various creative possibilities according to industry executives; Appeal of animation illustrated by the popularity of animated television programs; Case examples of...
- CanApple Spotlights N.Y., Canadian Talent. Giardina, Carolyn // SHOOT;02/05/99, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p7
Reports that the Canadian Consulate General has presented the CanApple Animation Forum, designed to showcase the talents of Canadian and New York-based companies with expertise in design, digital effects and animation. Highlights of the event `Sheridan Animates Manhattan,' organized by CanApple...
- An HIV Cocktail Under The Microscope. Takaki, Millie // SHOOT;3/22/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p19
Discusses an abstract animation from Vancouver, British Columbia-based advertising agency Canada's Youth that focuses on the peoples' misunderstanding regarding the efficacy of the human immuno virus cocktail in curing AIDS. Details of the 3 dimensional animation; Creative directors for the...
- Delivery dilemmas... // Televisual;Summer2003 The Edit Handbook, p47
Discusses high-definition (HD) post-production management. Up-resing of interlaced video work; Standards conversion of National Television Standard Committee (NTSC) material before intercutting; Film shot for the cinema; Common image format; Understanding digital video compression. INSET: CASE...
- Du simple au multiple: le cinema comme serie de series. Gaudreault, Andre // Cinemas;Fall2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1/2, p33
This article examines cinema as a series of moving pictures organized by the editing process, and the evolution from photography to chronophotography to cinematography.
- FEST TRAVELER: eDIT THE FILMMAKER'S FESTIVAL. // Variety;10/24/2011, Vol. 424 Issue 11, p18
The article presents a preview of eDIT the Filmmaker's Festival, a film festival to be held October 30-November 1, 2011 in Frankfurt, Germany which focuses on cinematography, special effects and motion picture editing.