GRADUATING TO DP
- James Muro. // Daily Variety;1/12/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 10, pA10
Features James Muro, a cinematographer and contender for an academy award for his work in the film "Open Range." Key equipment used; Aesthetic considerations when filming.
- An early view on the wider angle. // BKSTS Journal;Jan1981, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p79
An excerpt from the reports of the "Journal of the Society of Motion Picture Engineers" is presented.
- Editor's Note. Pizzello, Stephen // American Cinematographer;
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Jon D. Witmer on the "Iron Man 2" cinematography, one by Benjamin Bergery on the overview of the film "Oceans" production and one by Rachel K. Bosley on the observational camera style of shooting the indie drama...
- Lensers expound on methods aesthetic. Heuring, David; Knolle, Sharon // Daily Variety;1/15/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 32, pA10
Presents the application of the methods and aesthetics of cinematography by cinematographers. Application of digital video to the works of John Bailey; Success achieved by Bruno Delbonnel in 'Amelie'; Requirements fulfilled by Emmanuel Lubezki in 'Ali.'
- SURE SHOTS. Wilcha, Kristin // SHOOT;05/25/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 21, p19
Introduces cinematographers who made visual innovations in advertising cinematography.
- Going to Extremes. Holben, Jay; Silberg, Jon; J. H.; Gray, Simon; Bosley, Rachael K. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/26/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 16, pS-2
Highlights a variety of films in 2001 that displayed the skills of cinematographers. Adherence of Emmanuel Lubezki to reality in 'Ali'; Creation of rich images by Bruno Delbonnel for 'Amelie'; Combination of nature and historical preservation by John Seale in 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's...
- Editor's Note. Pizzello, Stephen // American Cinematographer;May2009, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p8
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including "Wolverine's Hour," by Don McAlpine, "On the Record," by Rodrigo Prieto, and "A Friend in Need," by SEamus McGarvey.
- ERRATA. // American Cinematographer;Oct2004, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p31
Presents the corrected reprint of errata in articles published in previous issues of "American Cinematographer."
- Editor's Note. Pizzello, Stephen // American Cinematographer;Sep2014, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p10
The article introduces this issue of the magazine, which includes contributions on the cinematography of such films as "Guardians of the Galaxy," "Lucy," and "I Origins," under the cinematographic direction, respectively, of cinematographers Ben Davis, Thierry Arbogast, and Markus FÃ¶rderer.