NAB 2003 PICK HIT AWARDS
- SO MANY FISH IN THE SEA. Schroeder, Frederick // MovieMaker;2011 Guide to Making Movies, Vol. 17 Issue 89, p60
The article evaluates several motion picture cameras including the Aaton Penelope Delta from Aaton SA, the Sony SRW-9000PL from Sony Corp. and the Canon 5D/7D from Canon Inc.
- HD POWER. Nicol, Trish // Inside Film;Nov2004, Issue 71, p58
This article presents information on several pieces of high definition film editing equipment that were exhibited at the International Broadcasting Convention in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The HDR-FX1 camcorder from Sony records plays back high definition video. Discreet showcased a data-centric...
- Discreet moves in Europe. // TVB Europe;Feb97, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the move of Discreet Logic Inc. to a larger premises in the heart of London, England. Promotion of Gerard Bonnet as the General Manager of the firm in Europe.
- Posting for prime time. Jacobs, Ian // TVB Europe;Feb97, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p26
Features the posting projects of Discreet Logic Inc.'s Flint composting system for television programs. Purchase of Screen Scene of the Flint system; Making of the title sequences for RTE network; Coloring of 3-D elements; Adding of separate layers of glass with live action footages.
- Discreet Logic addresses new platforms. // Computer Graphics World;Sep97, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p8
Discloses that Discreet Logic has unveiled a multi-platform software initiative with the formation of two new product-development groups called Discreet Logic Systems Group and Discreet Logic Software Group. Products to be offered by each group; Company's signing of an agreement to acquire the...
- DISCREET OFFERS FIRE 5 FOR DIGITAL FILM EDITING/FINISHING. // Multimedia Publisher;Mar2002, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the offering of fire 5, a non-compressed, non-linear editing and finishing system designed for digital film and video post-production, from Discreet.
- Delivering Discreet results. Summerfield, Gideon // TVB Europe;Mar98, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p38
Talks about Discreet Logic's recovery from the long slumber of its share price. Slide at the end of 1995; Rise of Discreet's share price in May 1997; Move to lower-cost Silicon Graphics Inc. platforms; Remarks from co-founder Richard Szalwinski; Introduction of effects and editing products.
- Discreet Logic announces executive appointments. // SHOOT;10/13/95, Vol. 36 Issue 41, p18
Announces the selection of an executive team for Discreet Logic Inc. Responsibilities of David M. Foster, M.C. Patel and David Swan.
- New Products & Services. // American Cinematographer;Jun2010, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p80
The article evaluates several cameras which include Penelope-Delta digital camera system from Aaton SA, AGAF100 AVCCam High Definition (HD) camcorder from Panasonic Solutions Co., and XF305 and XF300 professional camcorders from Canon USA Inc.