- Sharp Stuff. McLean, Tom // Animation;Aug/Sep2014, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p32
The article discusses the 2014 annual SIGGRAPH Computer Animation Festival in Vancouver, British Columbia from August 10 through August 14 at the Vancouver Convention Centre. Topics include how over 100 animated motion pictures were screened, the panel of judges such as Ken Anjyo, Georgina...
- Students and Siggraph. Wisehart, Cynthia // Digital Content Producer;Jul2008, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the contribution of Siggraph to several students and another on the debut of the Reel-Exchange networking website in August 2008.
- SIGGRAPH `96. // Computer Conference Analysis Newsletter;8/19/96, Issue 393, p1
Presents an overview of the 1996 SIGGRAPH presented by the ACM Association and SIGGRAPH on August 4 through 9, 1996, in New Orleans, Louisiana. Panel presentation on life-like agents; Course of artificial life; Keynote address delivered by Douglas Adams, author of `The Hitchhikers Guide to the...
- Job hunters, recruiters flock to smaller confab. Smith, Shannon // Daily Variety;8/3/2009, Vol. 304 Issue 21, pA2
The article offers information on the 36th Siggraph conference to be held in New Orleans, Louisiana in August 2009.
- An entertaining upgrade. Liebman, Sheldon // TVB Europe;Sep98, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p74
Looks into the features of computer graphics kits exhibited at Siggraph. Real-time digital disk recorder technology; Introduction of fast, inexpensive hardware coupled with powerful, affordable software; Companies which exhibited their products.
- SIGGRAPH to honor pioneer in volume rendering. // Computer Graphics World;Jul96, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p8
Reports on ACM SIGGRAPH's selection of Stanford University faculty member Marc Levoy as recipient of the 1996 SIGGRAPH Computer Graphics Achievement Award for his pioneering work in volume rendering. Presentation of the award to recognize a major accomplishment in the state of the art of...
- Plugged-in theater of the nerd. Street, Rita // Variety;8/7/95, Vol. 360 Issue 1, p27
Looks into the scheduled screening of Siggraph's computer-animated feature `Electronic Theatre' at L.A.'s Shrine Auditorium on August 11, 1995. Speculations over the future effects on the animation-industry.
- Convention contradictions. Baker // SHOOT;08/29/97, Vol. 38 Issue 35, p4
Reports on the 1997 SIGGRAPH Show. Number of attendees; Feature on the company SIGGRAPH; Interest in scientific visualization.
- Paper Doll Contest Winner. McManis, Kathy // Doll Collector;Sep2010, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p34
Photographs of the magazine's paper doll contest winners are presented.