FAKING GLOBAL ILLUMINATION
- NEWS. // Computer Graphics World;Oct2000, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p13
Reports on developments related to computer graphics and computer animation software as of October 2000. Acquisition of Engineering Animation Inc. by Unigraphics; Results of medMCAD-01 benchmark tests; Purchase of Prescient Technologies by Spatial Technologies.
- SWiSH animations in a Flash. Emberton, David // Australian Personal Computer;Nov2002, Issue 287, p162
Presents steps to create animations in Flash using the software utility 'Swish.' Advantage offered by Swish; Backward compatibility of Swish files; Creation of animation with Swish; Tabs in the Swish wizard; Publishing of Swish-generated animation to the web.
- Exhibition and Exhibitor Tech Talks. // Computer Graphics World;Jun2007, Vol. 30 Issue 6, Special section p11
The article provides information on the SIGGRAPH 2007 exhibition to be held in San Diego, California from August 7-9, 2007. During the exhibition and exhibitor tech talks at SIGGRAPH 2007, attendees gain the opportunity to test-drive software, hardware, and systems, witness new creations and...
- DIY animations. Bradley, Helen // Australian PC User;Dec2007, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p97
The article explains how to use the iClone program in creating three-dimensional animations. To get started with the animation, click the New Project button, select whether to save the current project and one is ready to create a new clip. One should click the Modify button to change the...
- Multimedia madness. Flynn, Mary Kathleen // U.S. News & World Report;5/1/95, Vol. 118 Issue 17, p67
Discusses the growing popularity of multimedia, which mingles sound, text and animation and video. Common problems which can occur, as well as solutions; Frozen screen; Out of memory; No sound; Bad video; Others. INSETS: Help from Windows 95, by M.K.F.;The first Mac-alikes, by M.K.F..
- Product Review. // Children's Digest;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p18
The article reviews the graphic software corefx Three Level developed by Core.
- News: digest. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/2/2005, Vol. 390 Issue 14, p49
The article presents developments related to computer software for animation. Avid Technology lifted the veil on the latest version of its SoftImage XSI 3-D animation software Monday at the exhibition Siggraph 2005 along with its SoftImage Face Robot, which allows 3-D artists to produce...
- the new supermodels. Katz, S. D. // Digital Content Producer;Jun2006, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p36
The article discusses that E Frontier's Poser software, a 3D character animation and figure design tool, which is developing a structured 3D pipeline for hobbyists in the U.S. Based on the test made to Poser content by hobbyists and professional model makers, thousands of hobbyists were able to...
- Liquid Text. Meyer, Trish; Meyer, Chris // DV: Digital Video;Aug2004, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p68
This article presents information on liquid text, a motion graphics design. Trends in motion graphics design come and go but distorted text that appears to flow along with water or fabric is an effect appropriate for many projects. With displacement mapping, the pixels on the text layer will be...