Sylvan Completes $300M Break-Up Of K-12, Higher Ed. Businesses
- STOCK WATCH. // e-learning;Oct2002, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p13
No abstract available.
- Sylvan reports decline in op. income on revenues that grew 35.3% in 1997. // Electronic Education Report;03/25/98, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the decline in Sylvan Learning Systems' operating income in 1997. Increase in revenues; Increase in net income; Strong performance of Sylvan's operating units.
- Sylvan Learning Centers in play. FitzGerald, Nora; Gazdik, Tanya // Adweek Midwest Edition;07/07/97, Vol. 38 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the review of Sylvan Learning Centers' advertisement account. Search for a national direct response agency to handle the business; Investigation of additional direct marketing approaches; Increase in system revenues; Awarding of national media assignment to Western International Media.
- Sylvan Learning Centers in play. FitzGerald, Nora // Adweek New England Edition;07/07/97, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the firm Sylvan Learning Systems Inc.'s review of its advertising account. Capability, strategic and creative presentations; Search for a national direct response agency.
- Sylvan Learning Centers in play. FitzGerald, Nora // Adweek Southeast Edition;07/07/97, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p4
Reports on Sylvan Learning Systems Inc.'s placement of its advertising account in review. Sylvan's objectives in conducting the review; Focus of Sylvan's advertising campaigns.
- With a little help from their friends. Rogers, Alison // Fortune;9/19/1994, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p238
Looks at the efforts of entrepreneurs Doug Becker and Chris Hoehn-Saric of Sylvan Learning systems, a tutoring and testing services company in Columbia, Maryland. 1993 sales for the education firm which has three business; Their invention the LifeCard; Future.
- With a little help from their friends. Rogers, Alison // Time International (South Pacific Edition);9/19/94, Issue 38, p10
Features Sylvan Learning Systems of Baltimore, Maryland. Expansion; Founders Doug Becker & Chris Hoehn-Saric; Other business ventures. Educational background.
- A sylvan invasion. Hancock, LynNell // Newsweek;12/19/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 25, p52
Looks at Sylvan Learning Systems, Inc., the latest chapter in the search for private-sector solutions to public school failure. How it taps into the $7 billion federal Chapter One money targeted for poverty-level students with low achievement records; The company's history; Its 1994 sales; Its...
- Across the nation: National. // Education Week;1/25/95, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the plans of the Sylvan Learning Centers Inc. to buy two companies involved in training and tutoring.