Delta Education Enhances Reading, Acquires Modern Learning Press
- Strategic Planning Conferences. Carper, William B.; Bresnick, Terry A. // Business Horizons;Sep/Oct89, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p34
The strategic planning conference can be more successful than traditional methods consultants and companies use to strengthen their planning efforts. According to Thomas Naylor, the essence of strategic planning is "to provide a conceptual framework for the company's CEO and line managers to...
- Cablevision: But what vision? Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 33, p10
Focuses on the efforts of chief executive officer James Dolan to improve the stocks of Cablevision in New York. Organization of a meeting with Wall Street investors and analysts to reverse the declining stock of the company; Plans of Dolan to sell some movie theaters and close the Wiz...
- What's keeping CEOs awake at night (and how corporate universities can help). // Corporate University Review;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on the various concerns of chief executive officers. Meaning of planning to executives; Information on the instructional program for strategic planning designed by Peter F. Drucker. INSET: Do you have a corporate university strategic plan?.
- Three ways CEOs can benefit by thinking like a manager. // Wyoming Business Report;Aug2013, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p22
The author discusses the need for chief executive officers (CEOs) to look for solutions when something went wrong, search for the detect and strategize to make it better for their business to succeed.
- CEO perceptions of strategic leadership. Harrison, E. Frank; Pelletier, Monique A. // Journal of Managerial Issues;Fall97, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p299
Focuses on the chief executive officer (CEO) perceptions of strategic leadership. Role of the CEO in exercising strategic leadership in a given organization; Factors that contribute to successfully implemented strategic decisions; Determinants and outcomes of strategic leadership.
- Do CEOs pay lip service only, to strategic planning? Holmberg, Stevan R. // ABA Banking Journal;Mar1980, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p80
Focuses on the evolving role of the Chief Executive Officer in the strategic and long-range planning of banks. Description of the environment that the bank operates; Requirement in the competitive financial service marketplace; Survey conducted by the American Bankers Association.
- Managing the strategic agenda: The CEO's job 1. Thain, Donald H. // Business Quarterly;Spring93, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p18
Discusses the ability to manage the strategic agenda successfully as the most important attribute of a chief executive officer (CEO). Specifications of strategic agenda management; Narration of two cases where the CEOs either helped their companies succeed or fail; Phases of issue management;...
- YOU CAN'T IGNORE CORPORATE CULTURE. Nixon, Bill // Accountancy;May87, Vol. 99 Issue 1125, p99
Discusses the role of corporate culture in implementing strategic plans by chief executive officers. Basis of corporate culture; Factors influencing the growth of corporate culture; Overview of the evolution of corporate culture; Impact of corporate culture on the strategic plans.
- You're next in line for the top. WOOD, GALE S. // Association Management;Jan1999, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p71
Presents information on a monthly planning guide in preparing for becoming the next chief elected officer. Significance of establishing one's self as a team player; Establishing a relationship with future staff partners; Studying the association's strategic plan; Reviews of the association's...