Pearson Education, Despite Revenue Decline, Leads U.S. K-12 Publishers in EM's Exclusive 2002 Index
- Higher Education and Professional Businesses Drive 6% Revenue Growth in 2002 at Pearson Education. // Educational Marketer;3/10/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p1
Reports on Pearson Education Inc.'s 2003 revenues from its U.S. educational publishing business.
- Scholastic Profits Down In Q3; Education Unit Improves On Read 180, Classroom Libraries Sales. // Electronic Education Report;4/2/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p1
Education businesses at Scholastic Inc. (New York) were a bright spot in a disappointing third quarter of fiscal 2004, ended February 28. Strong revenue and profit growth in Educational Publishing, School Book Clubs and International units, and progress in School Book Fairs, could not offset...
- Pearson's Performance Leads Large Print Publishers in 2006. // Electronic Education Report;3/9/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p4
The article provides information on the 2006 financial performance of Pearson Education Inc., the largest education publisher in the U.S. The company's revenue from its global K-12 and higher education publishing increases by 8% amounting to $5.29 billion in the said year. Moreover, the company...
- Pearson Ed Revenue Increases with Performances That Outpace in K-12 and College Markets. // Educational Marketer;3/5/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of Pearson Education Inc., the largest education publisher in the U.S. in 2006. During the period, the publisher generated a revenue increase of 8 percent including its global K-12 and higher education publishing sales. The company is believed to...
- Pearson Reigns in U.S. College; Houghton Outpaces the Pack. // Educational Marketer;5/19/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the exceptional sales performance of educational publishers included in the exclusive 'Educational Marketer' U.S. Publishers Ranking. revenue of Boston, Massachusetts-based publisher Houghton Mifflin Co. for the year 2002; Rank of Upper Saddle River, New Jersey-based publisher...
- Success Tracker. Patton, Carol // District Administration;Aug2006, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p76
The article features the Success Tracker computer software which helps teachers monitor the academic progress of their students, developed by Pearson Education Inc.
- AAP: K-12 Sales Increase 10%; College Sales Plummet, Returns Rise. // Educational Marketer;11/13/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p5
Reports the sales of United States K-12 instructional materials in September 2000.
- With a Chance for More Textbook Funding, Florida Is K-12 Bright Spot. // Educational Marketer;2/17/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the projected growth of the K-12 educational publishers in terms of funding for instructional materials in Florida. Amount allocated for instructional materials; Constitutional requirement to fund constitutional voters; Sales opportunity for publishers.
- Where is that lesson? It's easy to find with LRMI. DeNisco, Alison // District Administration;Oct2013, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p74
The article looks at the Learning Resource Metadata Initiative (LRMI), created by the U.S. Association of Educational Publishers and Creative Commons that can be used by teachers for searching for instructional materials online.