- Judge Expands Immigration Ruling. // Advocate;7/22/82, Issue 347, p9
Reports on a San Francisco, California judge's expansion of an earlier ruling that struck down the Immigration and Naturalization Service's policy of excluding gays from the U.S.
- UNDER SURVEILLANCE. // Advocate;6/14/94, Issue 657, p14
Reports that the gay group Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund is compiling stories from gay Americans involved in relationships with foreign nationals who are not allowed to enter the U.S., in order to support efforts to amend U.S. immigration laws for same sex couples to be recognized.
- GLBT immigration rights group celebrates 100 cosponsor mark on 'Permanent Partners' bill. Cyphers, Amber L. // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/17/2003, Issue 799, p16
Reports on the progress of an immigration legislation for couples in permanent partnerships in the U.S. as of April 17, 2003. Legislators who signed as bill sponsors; Key provisions; Importance of the bill to gays and lesbians sponsoring their partners.
- A Win for Frank, Immigration Reform Drops Antigay Ban. Harding, Rick // Advocate;12/4/90, Issue 565, p24
Reports that the U.S. Congress's overhaul of federal immigration law in 1990 drops a federal policy that barred gay and lesbian foreigners from entering the U.S. Moves to pave the way for the opening of U.S. borders to people with AIDS; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues;...
- Quote UnQuote. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/6/2010, Issue 1167, p13
The article presents quotes from openly gay singer Ricky Martin criticizing Arizona law that requires police to check an individual's immigration status whenever an officer suspects an individual may be in the U.S. illegally, Gay San Francisco Supervisor David Campos urging LGBTs to actively...
- Another downside of the downturn. Savage, Todd // Advocate;10/23/2001, Issue 849, p40
Reports on the risk of immigration laws in the United States for binational gay couples. Incident illustrating the hardship facing binational couples; Ignorance of a number of people about the way the US immigration law discriminates against same-sex partners; Proposal for a change in federal...
- What Green Paper says (or doesn't say ) about gays. // Body Politic;Jan/Feb75, Issue 17, p5
Discusses what Canada's Green Paper on Immigration as of January 1975 says about gays. Definition of classes of people; Information on the basic legislation underlying control of people seeking to come into Canada; Areas of concern regarding the prohibited classes of immigrants under the law on...
- Congress Will Be Briefed On Gay Problems with Immigration. // Advocate;7/22/82, Issue 347, p9
Reports on legislator Julian Dixon's decision to sponsor a special briefing for the U.S. Congress focusing on the exclusion of foreign lesbians and gay men from the U.S. under immigration laws and policies.
- FUTURE THINK: BARNEY FRANK. Freiberg, Peter; Kulieke, Stephen; Walter, Dave // Advocate;1/8/85, Issue 411, p18
Presents the prediction of U.S. Representative Barney Frank regarding immigration law of gays in the U.S.