Moody's Action Could Weaken Support for Rio Grande Bridge
- Bridge tiptoes across the harbor. // Popular Mechanics;Aug97, Vol. 174 Issue 8, p14
Looks at the construction of a bridge across the bay by the British Highways Agency (BHA) in Poole, England. Materials used for the construction; Construction cost.
- TBTA Leads the Way as Market Begins to 'Crank Up'. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31471, p32
Reports the completion of Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's colossal refinancing in New York City. Consideration of Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority of selling advance refunding; Sale of TBTA billion deal; Sale of Virginia Commonwealth...
- Defying gravity. // Architectural Record;Sep1988, Vol. 176 Issue 10, p114
Photos of The Bridge at Concourse, Atlanta, Ga. designed by Scott Elam and Bray Architects. The bridge is functionally nonessential, and is meant instead to be `a piece of jewelry' to adorn a conventional background.
- Photo finish on big bidding. Green, Peter // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/30/95, Vol. 235 Issue 18, p22
Reports on the two lowest bid combinations for a project of the North Carolina Dept. of Transportation to construct a bridge, a trilevel interchange and related works near New Bern, North Carolina. Project which will carry the US Route 70 over the Neuse River and replace the John Lawson Bridge;...
- Technology offering more clearance makes U.S. debut. Cho, Aileen // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/06/98, Vol. 241 Issue 1, p23
Focuses on the utilization of precast segmental bridge system in United States. Details on the segment technology on bridges; Implication of increasing underclearance; Details on the bridge being constructed in New York City.
- in your opinion. // Engineer (00137758);11/15/2010, Vol. 295 Issue 7806, p5
The article presents statements of readers related to engineering such as the best engineers' use of iPhone and spanner, an advice not to conclude without known facts, and the purchase of a bridge from the owner whose bridge has collapsed.
- A bridge over friendly waters. Parsons, Jim // Point of Beginning;Aug97, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p16
Details the efforts of surveyors from the United States and Canada in `twinning' the Blue Water Bridge, a structure that links Port Huron, Michigan and Point Edward, Ontario. Importance of this link for trade between the two countries; Estimated cost of the project; Challenges to siting a...
- Bridge over a troubled infrastructure. Page, Douglas; DiChristina, Mariette // Popular Science;Jul96, Vol. 249 Issue 1, p40
Reports on research by the US Federal Highway Administration into materials that will make bridges safer. Different examples of alternate construction methods and materials to increase structural safety.
- Steal from steel. Kuennen, T. // Concrete Products;Sep97, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p82
Reports on the challenges of building long-span bridge structures in the United States. Suitability for repetitious causeway construction; Methods for securing and erecting sections; lawsuits fought by contractors over delayed segmental projects.
- Abutments yield bridge solution. // Concrete Products;Jun2000, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p16C
Focuses on the Founders/Meadows Parkway Bridge in Colorado, the first major bridge in the United States to be built on footings supported by geogrid-reinforced abutments. Elimination of traditional deep foundations or piles; Use of the Mesa Retaining Wall System; Integrated design providing...