The Denton Question
- Miami's Transportation Proposal Takes a $15.3 Billion Price Ride. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/5/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31401, p1
Reports on the disclosure of the transportation plan of Miami-Dade County Mayor Alex Penelas in Florida. Coverage of the transportation plan; Increase of sales tax; Schedule for implementation.
- Tax for Transit. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/29/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31313, p35
Reports that Arlington city, Texas counsil voted unanimously for elections to allow voters to decide on a quarter-cent sales tax to pay for a public transportation system. Estimated annual revenues from the tax; Benefits of the bus service.
- Measure C draft proposal passes. Wright, Don A. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;4/5/2002, Issue 322912, p1
Reports the approval of sales tax Measure C by the steering committee in Fresno, California. Extension of sales tax for funding of transportation; Effectivity of Measure C; Number of committee members voted for the proposed draft.
- Citizen's group recommends sales tax hike. McCutcheon, Ron // Inside Tucson Business;12/3/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p1
Reports the recommendations of Citizen's Advisory Committee for Tucson's Transportation Future for sales tax increase in Tucson, Arizona. Dedication of funds for transportation improvement; Implications after the approval of the recommendations; Response of the government to recommendations.
- Orange County, Fla., Voters Face Sales Tax Hike for Transportation. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31726, p1
Reports on the votation for the proposed increase in local sales tax in Orange County, Florida. Use of the sales tax to finance transportation projects; Total cost of the proposed transportation projects; Percentage of the proposed increase in sales tax.
- MISSOURI: Raise SaiE!s Tax for Transport. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/13/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33861, p7
The article offers information regarding raise in the state sales tax by one cent for raising 8 billion dollars for transportation in Missouri.
- 3 taxes worthy of approval. // St. Charles Journal;8/1/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 31, pA11
The article urges the approval of Proposition R which would extend St. Charles County, Missouri's half-centavo transportation sales tax through 2026 as well as Proposition T that would extend Wentzville's sales tax through 2034 and Proposition P for St. Peter's sales tax increase.
- Vote yes on county's Proposition R. Schneider, Cort // St. Charles Journal;8/1/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 31, pD1
The author urges voters in St. Charles County, Missouri to vote for Proposition R in the August 7, 2012 election which would extend the half-centavo transportation sales tax beyond 2016.
- Voters approve 3 sales tax proposals. Korando, Russell // Wentzville Journal;8/15/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 33, pA2
The article reports that St. Charles County, Missouri voters approved sales tax propositions during the August 7 , 2012 election including half-cent transportation taxes, a tax increase for the parks and storm water improvement, and Proposition R which extends county tax from 2016 to 2026.
- Arizona cities reject sales tax increase for transport funding. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;09/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30230, p3
Reports on the disapproval of voters in Scottsdale and Phoenix, Arizona of proposals to increase sales taxes in the state to finance transportation programs. Amount of funding generated by the proposed raise; Comments from public officials on exploring funding options.