Missouri-Based BJC Health Breaking in Recent Upgrade With $225 Million Sale
- Despite sector scrutiny, Missouri health deal should sell well. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;07/31/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30447, p3
Focuses on the comments of Nuveen Advisory Corp.'s Thomas Spalding Jr. concerning the impact of a hospital system bankruptcy in Pennsylvania on the sale of Missouri Health and Educational Facilities Authority's revenue issue on behalf of BJC Health System slated in August 1998. Hospital which...
- BJC to reorganize services. // Modern Healthcare;11/21/94, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p34
Reports on reorganization plans of BJC Health System in St. Louis, Missouri. Integration of clinical services; Impact on competition between Missouri Baptist and St. John's Mercy Medical Center; Expansion plans; Market share.
- When hospital networks form, alliances feel the aftershocks. Montague, Jim // Materials Management in Health Care;Sep95, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the organization of the BJC Health System. Composition of system; Membership in VHA Inc. hospital purchasing alliance; Advantages; How to pick an alliance; Group purchasing as alliance's main role; Impact of alliances. INSET: The process: How BJC Health System chose a single alliance..
- The spirit of St. Louis. Behrendt, William M.; Klein, Walter F. // Health Systems Review;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p22
Presents information on the BJC Health System (BJC) company, focusing on its mergers with several hospitals. Background information on the BJC; Details on hospitals that merged with BJC; Information on the objectives of the BJC.
- Ties that bind. Moore, J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;08/18/97, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p34
Presents information on difficulties faced by the hospital system managers of BJC Health System, to pull together different cultures after the mergering of the healthcare enterprise. Information on a technique used by BJC Health System; Description of clinical initiatives scheduled by BJC Health...
- Home run for St. Louis system. Haugh, Rick // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jun99, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p57
Focuses on the advertisement of BJC Health System company placed on the outfield walls of a baseball stadium. Agency which designed the advertisement; Target market; Purpose of the sign.
- BJC Healtcare to do $1.2 Billion rebuilding with union contractors. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;8/16/2012, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the success of ACW Alliance, composed of Alberici Corp., Clayco Corp., and M. Wilson & Co., for winning a 1.2 billion construction project from BJC Healthcare for the renovation of their 16 block Central West End campus in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Doer's profile--meet the Board of Trustees. Peterson, Linda // AHA News;2/26/96, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p6
Profiles Fred L. Brown, president and chief executive officer of BJC Health System. Organizational background; Career path; Family and hobbies; Quotation.
- GATEWAY TO GOOD HEALTH. Babwin, Don // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;11/20/98, Vol. 72 Issue 22, p20
Focuses on the decision of the BJC Health System to work with area health systems on the Saint Louis 2004 program in Missouri. Two initiatives managed by BJC; Remarks on BJC decision; Comments from an official of BJC.