Maryland County Readying $13.6 Million GO Sale
- Florida Executes $230 Million PECO Sale With No Surprises. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p29
Reports on the sale of public education capital outlay bonds by the Florida Board of Education on January 23, 2002. Revenue earned from the sale; Revision of revenue for the 2002 fiscal year; Companies that insured the sale.
- Illinois Markets Latest GO Sale to College-Minded Retail Investors. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/24/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31477, p3
Reports the promotion of the general obligation college savings bond sale in Chicago, Illinois. Importance of the investment in college education; Total sale of bonds; Target customer of the savings bonds.
- QZAB Applications. // Bond Buyer;10/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30749, p2A
Reports that cities of Bridgeport and New Haven in Connecticut are preparing applications for the state's qualified zone academy bonds to fund school renovations. Selling of bonds that pay corporations federal tax credits in lieu of interest.
- Houston Schools Set to Ask Voters For $808.6 Million Authorization. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/10/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31424, p1
Reports the plan of the board of trustees of the Houston Independent School District to call for a general obligation bond election in Dallas, Texas. Approval from the Houston voters on the election plan; Total students served by the district; Need for additional finance for school construction.
- Repeat Victory. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31749, p31
Reports that voters in Winfield, Kansas has approved the issuance of general obligation bonds to build and repair schools. Amount of bonds to be issued; Margin of victory in the election.
- Busing funds would cover Milwaukee schools' new debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30659, p31
Reports that the Milwaukee Public Schools in Wisconsin will receive $200 million of bond proceeds for schools under a program to end forced busing. Endorsement of the program by the Wisconsin Legislature's Joint Finance Committee; Inclusion of the bonds in the proposed budget.
- Boston charter-school deal largest to date at $20 million. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;06/28/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30671, p1
Reports that the MassDevelopment Finance Agency has sold $20.3 million of variable-rate bonds on behalf of the Boston Renaissance Charter School. Pricing of the bonds; Success of Boston Renaissance.
- Louisiana. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;09/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30223, p28
Reports on efforts of the citizens committee in Louisiana to study how to handle $1 billion worth of school overhauls in East Baton Rouge Parish, featuring some $450 million worth of bonds. Background on the overhauls; Action needed from the School Board to get a program onto the November 19,...
- Michigan readies sale of college-saver bonds. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;10/28/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30261, p2
Reports on the sale of higher education bonds for university and other capital projects in Michigan. Total worth of the bonds for sale; Michigan State Building Authority's issuance of the bond that will be insured by Ambac Assurance Corp.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew; Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;02/15/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31078, p37
Reports developments related to taxes and bonds in the southeast United States. Tax reform for school funding system in Alabama; Sale of general obligation bonds for schools by Union County in North Carolina; Proceeds from tobacco bonds to aid tobacco growers in South Carolina.