- RAM Re to Pay S156.5M to Commute Exposure to $10.6B of MBIA's Book. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;12/3/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33015, p6
The article reports on the agreement of RAM Reinsurance Co. to pay MBIA Insurance Corp. $156.5 million in New York. The agreement is to commute RAM's exposure to the $10.6 billion portfolio of business it had assumed from MBIA. It is stated that the bond insurer had $778 billion in net par...
- Ambac Terminates Reinsurance Transactions With RAM Re. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;4/13/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33096, p26
The article reports on the move of Ambac Financial Group Inc. to terminate all its reinsurance transactions with RAM Reinsurance Co. in an effort to reduce its reinsurance exposure. Amback chief risk officer Gregory Raab said that the move is because the company will reduce its counterpart risk,...
- Third financial guarantee reinsurer to enter market. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;02/10/97, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p23
States that plans for a domiciled financial guarantee reinsurer in Bermuda are being made, and will be named RAM Reinsurance Company, a subsidiary of RAM Holdings. Objectives of the domicile; When the reinsurer is expected to be opened; Detailed information on plans.
- Bond Insurers: MBIA Warns of Decline in ADP for First Quarter; Ambac Reports Growth. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31538, p6
Reports on the decline of the adjusted direct premiums for the first quarter of MBIA Inc. Figures of the gross direct premiums; Condition of the insurance volume; Confirmation of the stability of the premiums.
- MBIA's Fourth Quarter Core, Operating Earnings Per Share Exceed Expectations. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;02/15/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31078, p6
Focuses on the fourth-quarter operating and core earnings of MBIA Inc. in the United States for the year 2000. Projection for an increase in bond insurance operations; Estimates for core and operating earnings growth in 2001; Growth opportunities for business production in 2001.
- MBIA reorganizes public finance department, appoints new head credit officer. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/07/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30494, p3
Details the restructuring initiatives of MBIA Inc., an insurance firm operating in the United States. Appointment of Steven C. Citron as head credit officer for public finance; Reorganization of public finance department into two divisions; Integration of corporate financial obligations and...
- An interesting move for PMI. Hogue, Robert D. // Insurance Advocate;06/06/98, Vol. 109 Issue 23, p32
Reports that PMI Group announced an investment in a financial guaranty reinsurance company, RAM Reinsurance Company (RAM Re). Information on RAM Re's business profile; Contribution of PMI in the mortgage guaranty insurance industry; Action of PMI in anticipation of a decline in the demand for...
- MBIA takes charge to boost loss reserves. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;04/08/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30615, p2
Reports on bond insurance company MBIA Inc.'s revision of its loss reserves policy. Company background; Market analysts' comments.
- Bond Insurers: MBIA Nets $156 Million in Fourth Quarter, Up 15% Over 2000. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p31
Reports on an increase in net income of bond insurer company MBIA Inc. during the fourth quarter of the year 2001. Total amount of income by the company in the duration; Percentage increase in the income of the company compared to the fourth quarter of 2001; Insurance income for the company...