Bayer Clinitek 50 urine chemistry analyser
- A marvel of colors and ingredients. The story of urine test strips. Voswinckel, Peter // Kidney International Supplement;Nov1994, Issue 47, pS-3
The history of the urinary test papers does not begin in the post-war period. As early as the 1880's some practitioners and pharmacists tried to replace the complicated wet-chemical procedures and apparatus by â€˜dry chemistry.â€™ The first popular test paper for sugar and albumin...
- Which albumin should we measure? Becker, Gavin J. // Kidney International Supplement;Nov2004, Issue 92, pS16
Which albumin should we measure?Albumin circulates in the blood as a single homogeneous protein. During passage to the urine it can undergo configuration and digestive change, producing moieties not equally detected by the various methods currently routinely used for quantifying albuminuria. In...
- URINALYSIS. Armstrong, Kirsty // Practice Nurse;2/27/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p25
Provides information on urinalysis. Assessment of patient's urine; Significance of observing the urine for clarity, odor and color; Tests being conducted in urinalysis.
- Normal Values of Common Laboratory Tests. // Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 9th edition;2005, p1222
Presents a chart of normal values of common laboratory tests. Hematologic; Chemistry; Hepatic; Urine tests.
- FREQUENT REPLACEMENT OF THE URING COLLECTION PAD REDUCES THE LIKELIHOOD OF SAMPLE CONTAMINATION. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Apr2003 Supplement, Vol. 88, pA7
Presents an abstract of the study 'Frequent Replacement of the Urine Collection Pad Reduces the Likelihood of Sample Contamination,' by S. Rao, J. Bhatt, C. Haughton and P.I. Macfarlane, presented at the 7th Spring Meeting of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- Metrics, Inc. // Pharmaceutical Technology;Dec2010 Supplement, p106
The article presents a corporate profile of Metrics Inc., located in Greenville, North Carolina. It mentions that Metrics was established in 1994 and it has more than 250 employees. In addition, the company started its operation as analytical laboratory in the same year. Furthermore, its...
- Predicting Urinary Tract Infections In a Urogynecology Population. Kuklinski, Deborah; Koduri, Sumana // Urologic Nursing;Feb2008, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p56
The article presents a study that investigated the reliability of dipstick in predicting urinary tract infections (UTI) in a urogynecology population. The researchers reviewed data from the period 2002 to 2004 on patients who underwent initial diagnosis using retrospective correlational design....
- Bedford canvas medical bag. // GP: General Practitioner;6/23/2003, p81
The article focuses on Bedford canvas medical bag. It is lightweight padded canvas bag offering superior protection to medical equipment such as diagnostic sets and sphygs. Its main compartment has padded moveable dividers that fasten with Velcro.
- A stepwise approach to evaluating proteinuria. Thorp, Micah L. // Patient Care for the Nurse Practitioner;Feb2005, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p5
The article offers information on dipstick, an approach to the clinical evaluation of proteinuria. Urine dipstick test is one of the most common tests performed in primary care setting. The test is particularly important in patients with disorders such as diabetes and hypertension. The complete...