Chicago teachers can answer sex questions
- The chastity revolution. O'Neill, Terry // Report / Newsmagazine (Alberta Edition);11/08/99, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p48
Reports on sex-education in British Columbia public schools. Adoption by the North Okanagan-Shuswap School District of a comprehensive abstinence-based family life program that is completely secular; Reasons for focusing on sexual abstinence. INSET: A challenge for teens.
- Guidelines attacked. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Jun1996, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p9
Reports on parents' protest against a set of sex-education guidelines called `Family Life Education Curriculum Guidelines,' in use in Catholic schools in South Australia. Activities in the kit; Catholic Education Office's claim that program was in line with the Vatican's statement `The Truth...
- Sexual propaganda. Peterson, Andrée Seu // World (0888157X);5/3/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p71
A first person narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of sexual education being given in Room 206 of the campus Physical Education Center.
- Sex Education Programs that Work in Public Schools. Barron, James // Education Digest;Feb1988, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p24
The article focuses on sex education programs in public schools in the U.S. Today, with disturbingly high teenage pregnancy rates, the AIDS epidemic, and widespread fears about other sexually transmitted diseases, many public school educators believe that sex education is a must. Surveys have...
- SEX EDUCATION IN THE CURRICULUM. Miller, Harold A.; Breakby, Robert S. // Education Digest;Feb1940, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p37
The article reports that during the past few years more has been accomplished in the field of sex education in the United States than previously in this century. This can be inferred from the authors' experience in presenting courses in sex education in the high schools of Lansing, Michigan,...
- Problems of Sex Education. Armentrout, W. D. // Education;Jan1921, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p325
The article discusses reasons for opposing direct sex instruction in the public schools in the United States. First, sex education would be isolated from the real life of the child. Second, too much attention would be focused on sex. Third, there is no assurance that the ideas received from sex...
- Sex Education for Children. Cassell, Russell N. // Education;Dec1953, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p242
The article discusses the issue of sex education for youth in public and private schools in the U.S. Knowledge about sex must be truthful and treated like all other knowledge instead of sacred and taboo. The developmental approach for the presentation of sex instruction should be visualized and...
- Training the Sex Educator: Guidelines for Teacher Training Institutions. Carrera, Michael A. // American Journal of Public Health;Feb1972, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p233
The author believes that a critical need exists for the special training of the sex educator. On this premise, guidelines are offered to direct the preparation of senior high school teachers in sex education.
- OKLAHOMA. // Advocate;3/10/92, Issue 598, p23
Reports that Oklahoma's state house of representatives education subcommittee has voted to disapprove a bill on January 29, 1992, that would have required instructors in public schools to teach that having sex outside of marriage is immoral.