- Sofa vendors partner with stores to improve consumer education. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;7/5/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p12
Focuses on the efforts of Century Furniture to educate its sales personnel to improve consumer awareness and services in the U.S. Importance of familiarity with the inside of the upholstery; Uses of point-of-sale information and Web sites; Simplification of pricing structures.
- POS-itive Customer Service. // American Nurseryman;5/15/2003, Vol. 197 Issue 10, p37
Describes trends relevant to the use of point-of-sale (POS) systems in customer service in the horticulture industry. Goal of POS systems; Methods for scanning customer purchases and entering the clients' contact information; Implications for improving employee morale; Benefits and limitations...
- POS focuses on guest service. Adams, Bruce // Hotel & Motel Management;5/20/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 9, p34
Focuses on the enhancement of guest services using point-of-sale systems in various hotels in the U.S. Features of the handheld devices; Product specifications; Way of providing customer satisfaction.
- Five Banks pool talent . // ABA Banking Journal;Dec84, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p116
Reports on the agreement among five banks in Washington to develop a shared electronic network to improve point-of-sale and automated teller systems. Improvement of service by allowing customers to pay for goods and services by using their bank accounts in electronic transactions with a card...
- Do credit card enhancements benefit the consumer? // Credit World;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p18
Presents a debate on whether credit card enhancements benefit the consumer which took place during the 1994 International Credit Conference in Louisville, Kentucky. Participants; Types of enhancement programs; Benefits; Limitations and drawbacks.
- Are you being served? // Cabinet Maker;5/31/2002, Issue 5289, p13
Explores the conditions in customer service in the furniture industry of Great Britain. Significance of points-of-sale system; Importance of salespeople; Demand of consumers for brochures.
- From point-of-sale to point-of-service. Martin, Desmond // DSN Retailing Today;7/10/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p16
Deals with the importance of point-of-sale (POS) systems in the customer services of retail stores in the United States. Customer information provided by POS kiosks; Impact of POS on the role of sales associates; Benefits of POS to retailers.
- DTI award promotes customer service. // Cabinet Maker;07/10/98, Issue 5096, p4
Reports that the British Department of Trade & Industry has launched the customer service award called Consumers first! award. Panel members that will shortlist nominees; Deadline for nominations; Contact information.
- MasterCard survey: Customer satisfaction is key. Meece, Mickey // American Banker;8/15/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 156, p11
Reports on a survey commissioned by MasterCard International Inc. on the factors which influence credit card issuers' ability to retain customers. Customer satisfaction as the most important factor after credit card terms; Percentage of respondents who are satisfied with the firm's services;...