Argos' sales boost is good news for GUS
- Odds shorten on GUS taking control at Argos. // Cabinet Maker;03/06/98, Issue 5078, p5
Details the offer made by GUS to acquire Argos. Effect of the offer on Argos' stock performance; Decline in the stock price of other furniture companies.
- GUS closer to Argos acquisition. // Cabinet Maker;03/13/98, Issue 5079, p7
Reports on catalog company GUS' near acquisition of chain store Argos in light of Argos director Peter Birch's purchase of shares in the firm. Speculations on the company's search for another potential bidder aside from GUS.
- GUS heads for 800p as rumours boost others. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;4/20/2004, Issue 5386, p6
Reports on the influence of the sales gained by Gus at Argos and at Homebase Inc. Increased price targets of CSFB and Deutsche Bank; Corporate profits of Marks & Spencer; Cessation of the business operations of FTSE 100.
- MFI enigma hits GUS shares. // Cabinet Maker;11/26/2004, Issue 5416, p6
The article reports that after months of growth, GUS is showing a series of falling highs, and more sellers are likely to emerge each time the price approaches goop. The failure of GUS chief executive John Peace to dismiss rumours of a bid for MFI has wrong-footed DeutscheBank analysts....
- Argos helps bring HRG profit its home. // Cabinet Maker;12/1/2006, Issue 5516, p5
The article reports on the 8% rise in sales of Home Retail Group (HRG) for the period of six months ending September 30, 2006 due to their Argos Home catalog in Great Britain. According to a report, the move served as the first result since HRG demerged from Gus Co. in October of 2006. A record...
- GUS's reversal exceeds market expectations. // Cabinet Maker;10/31/2003, Issue 5362, p6
Reports on the strong profit performance of GUS PLC.
- Argos to return ...431m to fend off GUS bid. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;04/10/98, Issue 5083, p4
Focuses on catalog retailer Argos's efforts to fend off takeover bid by GUS. Return of money to shareholders; Pre-tax profit forecast for the first half of 1998.
- Specialist catalogues. // Cabinet Maker;08/21/98, Issue 5102, p6
Reports on Britain-based Argos' launching of Argos Interiors, a separate home and soft furnishings catalogue which will feature products from GUS's mail order offering.
- Argos sales pick up. // Cabinet Maker;10/18/2002, Issue 5309, p3
Reports on the increase in the sales of Argos in Great Britain. Impact of the launch of the Autumn/Winter catalogue on the company's sales; Total number of lines in the catalogue; Growth in the number of account holders of the company.