Gender and Interest-Based Motivation in Learning Dance
- Vocational Exploration in Middle School: Motivational Characteristics of Students and Perceptions of the Learning Climate. Duchesne, Stéphane; Mercier, Adéline; Râtelle, Catherine F. // Canadian Journal of Counselling & Psychotherapy / Revue Canadien;Oct2012, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p367
The goal of this study was twofold: first, to identify vocational exploration profiles in die second year of middle school (Grade 8), and second, to distinguish these profiles in terms of sociomotivational variables. The sample included 521 students (255 boys, 266 girls) attending middle schools...
- Girls' Participation Patterns in a Middle School Team Sports Unit. Griffin, Patricia S. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Fall1984, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p30
The purpose of the study was to identify girls' participation patterns in a middle school team sport unit. Through class observations, formal interviews, and informal discussions with the physical education teachers, six styles of participation were identified. These were (a) athlete, (b) JV...
- CATCH THAT Crush. // Dolly;Dec2013, Issue 516, p38
The article describes situations on how girls can catch the attention of their crushes. It suggests a strategy to be able to leave a positive impression on a guy when paired up with him in class. A technique to get a guy alone when groups are lunching together is recommended. Tips are offered to...
- The Little Gym Adds Dance Programs. A. F. // Fitness Business Pro;May2006, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p10
The article presents information on a new dance program for maintaining the physical fitness of children, started by the fitness center The Little Gym. The program is expected to improve the strength, coordination and motor skills among the children. The program is designed for boys and girls...
- Creating a Positive Learning Environment in Middle School Physical Education. Todorovich, John R.; Curtner-Smith, Matthew D. // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Aug98, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on the creation of a positive learning environment in middle school physical education in the U.S. Assessment of student behavior; Effectiveness of class rules; Establishment of assessment procedures.
- A comparison of time in the training zone from two independent studies involving middle school... Strand, Brad; Reeder, Steve // Physical Educator;Early Winter93, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p180
Compares the results of two independent studies of time spent in the training zone for middle school physical education students. Subjects' wearing of a Polar Vantage XL wireless heart rate monitor (HRM); Pre-selection and pre-programming of a training zone on HRM.
- Girls and their bodies: approaching a more emancipatory physical education. // 14-19 Learning & Skills Bulletin;7/19/2013, Issue 98, p9
The article focuses on the current practices of formal physical education for girls' bodies and argues in favor of more fertile approach to the education such as expressive arts including dance and drama.
- A bowling ball in gym class. Sanders, Ramona C. // Collinsville Herald;2/27/2013, Vol. 55 Issue 9, pA1
The article reports that bowling is part of the physical education classes for students at Colinsville Middle School in Illinois, held at the Camelot Bowl bowling alley since 1993.
- STUCK IN THE MIDDLE WITH YOU. Glasov, Janina; Ferneyhough, Liza // New Moon;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p22
Presents advice to girls on surviving middle school.