A Note From the Editors
- NEW AWARD VOTING PROCEDURE. Morrison, Patricia // COAHPERD Journal;Aug2014, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p4
The article offers information on the award voting procedure of trade body Colorado Association for Health Physical Education, Recreation and Dance and the changes in the 2014 recognition committee.
- REACTIONARY FADS IN EDUCATION. Clark, Ridgley C. // Education;Mar1935, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p423
The article discusses some fads about American education at the present time. To suggest that the credit or blame for all that is good or bad in young people belongs to the schools is a fad of the present time. The home still has responsibilities and power. There is little time allotted to...
- KNOWLEDGE AND ATTITUDES TOWARDS CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS BY PHYSICAL EDUCATION STUDENTS. Mousouli, Maria; Kokaridas, Dimitrios; Angelopoulou-Sakadami, Nicoletta; Aristotelous, Maria // International Journal of Special Education;Oct2009, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p85
The purpose of this study was to examine the knowledge and attitudes of physical education undergraduate students towards children with special needs. A questionnaire of seven questions was submitted to 140 physical education students. Questions concerned the knowledge about the different kinds...
- Physical Education Teaching Excellence Award Honours 12 Exceptional Canadian Educators. // Physical & Health Education Journal;Summer2006, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p30
The article looks at the winners of the CAHPERD/Wintergreen Physical Education Teaching Excellence Award. The National Physical Education Teaching Excellence Awards recipients include Cheryl McCombe from Manitoba, Kellie Baker from Newfoundland, and Anthony Corbin from Nova Scotia. Profiles of...
- Physical Education in Urban High School Class Settings: Features and Correlations between Teaching Behaviors and Learning Activities. Zeng, Howard Z.; Leung, Raymond; Wenhao Liu; Hipscher, Michael // Physical Educator;Early Winter 2009, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p186
This study examined the features and correlations between teaching behaviors and learning activities in urban high school physical education (PE) class settings using direct instruction model. Participants were sixteen urban high school PE teachers and their students. Results indicated that the...
- Focus on the task. // Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology;Dec1997, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p437
Presents a summary of the article `Maximizing Motivation in Sport and Physical Education among Children and Adolescents: The Case for Greater Task Involvement,' by J. Duda, found in `Quest,' Volume 48.
- PHYSICAL TRAINING AND REMODELLING OF HEART. Maiste, Eevi; Matsin, Tonis; Bakler, Tiia; Magi, Agnes // Papers on Anthropology;2001, Vol. 10, p168
Determines the influence of physical training on remodeling of the heart in healthy young male Estonians. Background of the complex series of structural changes in the heart; Somatometric and echocardiographic test conducted; Results and discussion.
- AWARD WINNERS ANNOUNCED. Carey, Donna // COAHPERD Journal;Aug2014, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p1
The article announces the recipients of the awards given to physical education (PE) teachers from trade body Colorado Association for Health Physical Education, Recreation and Dance in 2014 including Shawn Baumgartner, Kenny Webb, and Jason Mondragon.
- Get kids pumped up on math facts in P.E. // Curriculum Review;May2004, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p9
Reports on the integration of mathematical facts into a physical education (P.E.) program by Sonia Lombardino, a P.E. teacher at Bissonet Plaza Elementary school in Louisiana. Benefits of the program for students; Award received by Lombardino for the program.