Guard your groins, bikers
- Tracking Motorcycle Riders is a MUSTT. // Wingman;Spring2011, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p6
The article explains the use of the Motorcycle Unit Safety Tracking Tool (MUSTT), a management tool for tracking unit motorcycle riders, their training and fulfilling the commander's requirements outlined in Air Force Instruction (AFI) 91-207.
- Linked brakes for safety. Brown, Stuart F.; McCosh, Dan // Popular Science;Jul93, Vol. 243 Issue 1, p36
Discusses how slowing down a motorcycle quickly is a tricky business, requiring carefully developed skill and continual practice. How Honda engineers have developed an innovative system that applies both the front and rear brakes when either brake control is used; Previous designs used by Honda...
- Riding with a group. // Safetyline;Jul/Aug94, Issue 69, p22
Presents advice on riding motorcycles with buddies. Keep the group small; Distancing from other riders; Keeping the group together.
- Unnatural laws. Lawson, R. // Dirt Bike;Sep91, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p6
Opinion. Argues in favor of dirt bike and motorcycle riders wearing helmets, but argues against a helmet law forcing riders to wear helmets.
- East vs. West. Summers, Scott // Dirt Bike;May94, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p104
Relates the author's experiences and advice concerning riding preparedness in different types of conditions and terrain. Differentiation between eastern races and western events; Factors affecting motorcycle races.
- Bulletproof it. // Dirt Bike;Jun94, Vol. 24 Issue 6, Factory mechanic's... p71
Provides tips on fixing possible areas on motorcycles before they become a DNF. Avoidance of a DNF; Safety wiring of exhaust fasteners; Application of LocTite on rear sprocket bolts; Notching or drilling of a hole in handle bar levers; Running of a Brake Snake from rear pedal and shifter to the...
- The joy of dust. // Dirt Bike;Aug97, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p72
Looks at information provided by Paul Krause on the preparation of one's self so as to combat the disturbing effects of dust whilst riding on dirt tracks. Information on the use of protective goggles for the eyes; How to prepare goggles so dust won't get inside; How to keep your air filters...
- Making The Grade. Villers, Michelle // Dealernews;Dec2002 Supplement, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p22
Focuses on learning to ride a motorcycle in the U.S. Strategies for safe motorcycle operation; Curriculum designed by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation; Importance of survival. INSETS: Two-Wheel Training;Rider Rewards;The MSF DirtBike School.
- Helmet saves cyclist's life. // Current Science;1/15/93, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p14
Discusses a California cyclist's accident in which his helmet saved his life. The cyclist's helmet had a sticker on it which said `Helmet law sucks,' protesting a new law requiring motorcyclists to wear helmets. After the accident the cyclist was grateful for his helmet, and won't have to...