School curbs on gay speakers likely
- L'�ducation sexuelle � l'avant-sc�ne. Perru, J. // Echanger;2009, Issue 86, p49
No abstract available.
- sex ed 101. Couture, Joseph // Guide;Oct2007, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p14
The article discusses the highlights of the course Psychology 103, which is offered at the University of Western Ontario.
- Gender work revisited. Handlin, Diane // Independent School;Spring94, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p51
Reports on the author's experiences on introducing gender issues into the curriculum of the New Jersey based Pingry School. Opposition; Presentations; Instructional methods.
- How We Improved Our Sex Education Program. Edgemon, Albert W.; Thomas, William R. // Educational Leadership;Dec79, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p256
Focuses on the development of sex and family life education curriculum. Views of parents on the development of sex education curriculum; Guidelines for the development of sex education curriculum Approval of the sex education curriculum; Implementation of the sex education curriculum.
- Opponents won't appeal decision on Montgomery County sex ed. // Gay & Lesbian Times;3/13/2008, Issue 1055, p28
The article reports that a group called Citizens for a Responsible Curriculum won't appeal a ruling on sex education in favor of the school system in Montgomery County, Maryland.
- Ex-Gays vs Maryland School Board. // DaKine;Feb2007, Issue 98, p7
The article reports on the continuous struggle between Montgomery County school board and several anti-gay groups such as Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays and Gays in Maryland on the proposed introduction of sex education in their curriculum. The school board is censured for making some changes to...
- Groups try to block Montgomery from using sex-education program. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/19/2005, Issue 908, p30
Reports that a federal judge has blocked public schools in Montgomery County, Maryland, from instituting a health curriculum that includes discussions of homosexuality and videotaped demonstration of how to use a condom. Depiction by the program of some Christian sects as unenlightened and...
- Helping Students Understand and Accept Sexual Diversity. Sears, James T. // Educational Leadership;Sep91, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p54
This article looks at how schools can help students understand and accept sexual diversity. Educators, school board members, and parents must acknowledge the simple social fact that being sexually different in a society of sexual sameness exacts a heavy psychological toll. Struggling to cope...
- GRADUATE PROGRAM HIGHLIGHT: WIDENER UNIVERSITY. // Sexual Science;Winter2010, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p9
A description for the Human Sexuality Education (HSED) program of the Widener University is presented.