Can Sustainable Mahogany Stem from CITES Science?
- Homeless in Hawaii. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;04/17/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 23, p2
Warns about the possible extinction of plants and animals in Hawaii because of alien species.
- Endangered dinner. Teitel, Martin // Sierra;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on ways to prevent thousands of varieties of plants and livestocks from extinction. Includes buying brown eggs; Seeking out seeds marketed as `heirloom' or `open pollinated'; Raising chickens at home.
- The World's Different Types of Endangered Species. // Scholastic DynaMath;Apr2011, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p5
The article presents the percentage of the world's different types of endangered species and offers questions involving the result.
- A good year for peregrines. // Discover;Jan2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p66
Cites animal and plant species that were entered and removed from the United States Fish and Wildlife and National Marine Fisheries Services' list of endangered species.
- Worldwide biodiversity shrinking. // American Nurseryman;2/1/96, Vol. 183 Issue 3, p14
Reports that animal and plant species are destroyed at a very high rate. Report released at the United Nation's international conference in Jakarta, Idonesia; Other findings in report.
- Going, going. Kantrowitz, Barbara; Rogers, Adam // Newsweek;10/24/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 17, p7
Lists the World Wildlife Fund's list of ten of the most threatened animal and plant species. Tiger; Black rhino; Giant panda; Asiatic black bear; Himalayan yew; Atlantic bluefin tuna; Hawksbill sea turtle; Saiga antelope; Egyptian tortoise; Red and blue lory.
- ENDANGERED SPECIES. // Ecological Restoration;Fall99, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p171
Presents several abstracts about endangered species presented at the Symposium on Oak Woodlands: Ecology, Management and Urban Interface Issues on March 19-22, 1996 in San Luis Obispo, California. `Back From the Brink: The Challenges of Endangered Plant Reintroduction,' by T.N. Kaye, K.A....
- Flower Ranger. Tauber, Michelle; Stambler, Lyndon // People;4/28/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 16, p131
The article profiles environmentalist Ken Wood and his efforts to safe various endangered species of plants in Hawaii. In a thicket of ferns high above Hawaii's Kalalau Valley, he beams at his upcoming arrival: a star-shaped fruit hanging from an endangered species of alani tree, one of only 20...
- ENDANGERED SPECIES. // Ecological Restoration;Summer2000, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p132
Presents abstracts of several studies on endangered species. `Can A Transplanted Pollinator Increase Reproductive Success in Populations of the Threatened Orchid, Spiranthes diluvialis?,' by Vincent J. Tepedino and Sedonia D. Sipes; `Small Whorled Pogonia (Isotria medeoloides) Response to...