KABC producer honored
- Us vs. Ghosts. Francis, Bob // Fort Worth Business Press;10/31/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p1
Discusses some haunted happenings occuring at a country music radio station called The Ranch, located in the Chisholm Trail building in Fort Worth, Texas. Witnesses that have described strange phenomena in the building; Embrace of the building's spirits by the owners; Other haunted buildings in...
- Fort Worth eatery cooks up a menu of musical medleys. Rich, Alison // Business Press;10/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 26, p7
Reports on Cowtown's Cafe Aspen in Fort Worth, Texas and KAAM 620 AM's hiring of Arlington entertainer, Jerry Betts, a former evangelist who has recorded two gospel albums, to entertain patrons on the former's upscale cuisine. Comments of Cafe Aspen's owner, David Rotman on the restaurant's...
- Stock Show offers exhibitors, buyers huge sales, often year round. Wren, Worth // Fort Worth Business Press;1/16/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, Special section p8
Focuses on the 108th Stock Show and Rodeo in Fort Worth, Texas on January 17 to February 8, 2004. Comments from Charles Summey, an exhibitor; Range of items featured in the exhibition; Contribution of exhibit space rental fees to the show's total revenue; Lineup of radio stations broadcasting...
- Goodman's WWMX is hot AC first, modern second. Carter, Kevin // Billboard;10/25/97, Vol. 109 Issue 43, p86
Highlights Adam Goodman, program director of WWMX (Mix 106.5) Baltimore, Maryland as `Billboard' magazine's broadcaster of the week of October 25, 1997. Comments from Goodman; Career highlights; Music that the station features; Acts that Goodman has yet to expose his listeners to.
- Lessons from KXOL hold true long after sign off. Fletcher, John // Fort Worth Business Press;12/30/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p27
The article shares the lessons from the promotional mind of Earle Fletcher, the former vice president and general manager at KXOL radio station in Fort Worth, Texas. It highlights the impact of Fletcher's effort of hiring the very best people. How Fletcher made any event more exciting and timely...
- LETTERS. Badder, Frank "Pappy"; Kimzey, John Paul; Ballantini, Brett; Keay, Lou Carter; Marshall, Mike; Martin, James M. "Mike"; Longston, Richard; Cravens, Judy // TCU Magazine;Spring2012, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p5
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including an article about KTCU in the Winter 2011 issue, "Trailblazer" in the Winter 2011 issue and about the resumption of the University Texas/Texas Christian University.
- Valle forges ahead at 39. Francis, Bob // Fort Worth Business Press;8/9/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the appointment of Jose Valle as general manager for Spanish-language television station KXTX Telemundo 39 in Fort Worth, Texas. Duties and responsibilities; Career highlights; Apparent immunity of Hispanic advertising and media to economic slowdown.
- KYXS seeking Sundance location. Canard, Shannon // Fort Worth Business Press;12/13/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p8
Focuses on the plan of LKCM Radio Group to relocate the radio station 95.9 FM to Sundance Square in Forth Worth, Texas. Description of available space in Sundance Square; Information on the limited partnership behind LKCM Radio Group.
- Sound advice. Eure, Jenny // Fort Worth Business Press;12/25/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 52, p1
The article reports that Daniel and Elisea Frishberg, owner of BizRadio Network, a financial news radio station, is planning to make Fort Worth as their North Texas Headquarters. Elisea is the executive producer and plans the weekly programming of the radio. Daniel, on the other hand, has a...