Ruling bad news for Buchanan, but all may not be lost in case
- Virginia Court Rejects Sodomy Challenge in Case Involving Teen Victims. Slutzky, Jeff // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Jul/Aug2006, p139
The article discusses the decision reached by the Court of Appeals of Virginia in the case McDonald v. Commonwealth of Virginia. The court affirmed the conviction of William Scott McDonald in four counts of sodomy in violation of the Virginia Code. The court dismissed McDonald�s contention...
- Buchanan lawyer, NACHO body split--no effect seen. // Advocate;10/14/70, Vol. 4 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the move of Henry McCluskey Jr., attorney for the case of Alvin Buchanan, to withdraw his consent to the intervention of the North American Conference of Homophile Organizations (NACHO) in Dallas, Texas. Speculations on the factors influencing the withdrawal of the legal committee...
- Excerpts From the US. Supreme Court's Ruling in Westside v. Mergens. // Education Week;6/13/1990, Vol. 9 Issue 38, p12
No abstract available.
- COURTSIDE IN NEW YORK. // Insurance Advocate;6/10/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 22, p18
Deals with the court decision handed by the Bronx County Supreme Court in New York City in a lawsuit by two plaintiffs for recovery under a liability based on their separate claims that, as witness to an accident, they suffered mental distress.
- Court's ruling could cut big stress payouts. // Personnel Today;9/10/2002, p1
Reports on the expectations of cuts in a number of compensation payouts awarded for stress by the country courts following a Court of Appeal ruling. Details on the ruling; Alternative to the unlimited awards for stress; Applicability of the ruling to the majority of stress claims.
- Do attitudes toward specific supreme court decisions matter? The impact of Webster and Texas v.... Grosskopf, Anke; Mondak, Jeffrey J. // Political Research Quarterly;Sep98, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p633
Focuses on the manner in which attitudes regarding specific Supreme Court decisions influence subsequent levels of confidence in the court. Analysis of the impact of the 1989 `Webster' abortion decisions and `Texas v. Johnson,' the flag-burning edict released immediately prior to `Webster';...
- Delaying Justice: The Supreme Court's Decision to Hear Rearguments. Hoekstra, Valerie; Johnson, Timothy // Political Research Quarterly;Sep2003, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p351
Some of the Supreme Court's most famous cases�from Roe v. Wade (1973) to Brown v. Board of Education (1954)�have been decided only after being held over and argued a second time. While few cases take this path, scholars have offered no systematic account for why the Court would ever take...
- What the Supreme Court Does for Us. Adams, James Truslow // Vital Speeches of the Day;3/15/37, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p322
Discusses the role played by Supreme Court and constitution in taking decision for every federal union. Freedom of court for decision on personal liberties of people; Focus of Supreme Court to decide about fundamental rights for people; Effect of changes in constitution on the court.
- Gradual pollution covered under CGL insurance policies. Dolmanisth, Steven J.; Nevius, John G. // Corporate Legal Times;Jan97, Vol. 7 Issue 62, p6
Focuses on the Oregon Supreme Court which reversed years of pro-insurance company rulings. Confirmation of the availability of liability insurance coverage for gradual pollution; Oregon as the tenth state to have its highest court interpret the exclusion in favor of policyholders; Issues...