Nothing ventured for retailers
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;9/1/2006, Issue 5503, p5
The article offers news briefs related to the furniture industry in Great Britain. Police in Devon, England, have apologized to furniture delivery company Premier Delivery Service for linking the company to a telephone scam. Shares in MFI had fallen by 4.2% after it was reported that the talks...
- Airsprung ends cabinet involvement. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;10/06/2000, Issue 5208, p3
Reports the sale of Duckers by Airsprung Group to venture capital companies. Impact of imports and pine market downturns to sale revenues of Duckers; Success of the At Home show with the sponsorship of Airsprung; Introduction of a point-of-sale (POS) package by Gainsborough on the show.
- Scuttlebutt. Smith, Rod // Inside Tucson Business;12/07/98, Vol. 8 Issue 37, p2
Comments on developments concerning business in Arizona and the city of Tucson. Expected general merchandise sales in November and December 1998; Shortage of nurses in southern Arizona; Availability of venture capital financing.
- The Money Game. Aron, Laurie Joan // Chain Store Age;Sep 99 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p58
Focuses on the equity financing for retailers. Difficulties in finding financial backing; Success of the bridal store David's Bridal; Effects of electronic commerce on the attitude of venture capitalists towards traditional stores.
- Winds change for dot-coms. // Advertising Age;4/3/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 14, p40
Highlights the changes in the electronic commerce industry in the United States in 2000. Challenges facing electronic retailers; Venture capitalists' demand for accountability; Poor performance of businesses involved in electronic commerce.
- Hot SOHO category now a staple in San Francisco. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;07/31/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p30
Focuses on increasing demand for small office home office (SOHO) furniture in San Francisco, California. Requirement for factories to increase volume in sales; Trend in designing furnishings from contemporary to traditional styles; Aspiration of furniture retailers to be well-informed on the...
- Why future's still bright for independent retailer. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p36
Discusses how independent retailers can cope with changes sweeping the furniture retailing market in Canada. Benefits and drawbacks of not joining a group or a franchise; Maximization of profits while minimizing costs; Role that independent retailers play in the growth of franchise networks and...
- October market said reflection of industry's strength. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the growth experienced by furniture retailers in the United States in October 2000. Rise in product placements; Factors attributing to such industry growth; Determination of furniture retailers to keep fighting for sales, despite the threats posed by external factors such as rising...
- We welcome back Retail Ideas, so send us yours. Jarrett, Vicky // Furniture/Today;2/25/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p38
Comments on furniture retailing in the U.S. Publication of ideas from retailers; Strategies of Gates Furniture in advertising; Invitation for the submission of retailing ideas.