Cook County Preserve District's Bonding a Future Statewide Topic
- Illinois Governor Signs Unemployment-Bond Bill. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31790, p2
Reports on the signing of the bill authorizing the sale of bonds by Governor Rod Blagojevich in Chicago, Illinois. Worth of bonds in sale; Purpose of the sale; Improvement to unemployment trust fund.
- Cook County Officials Expect Veto of More Forest District Bonding. // Bond Buyer;8/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31705, p6
Reports on expectation of Cook County officials regarding rejection of a bill by Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich, that would authorize $100 million in additional bonding capacity for the Cook County Forest Preserve District, as of August 25, 2003. Plead by some Cook County Board commissioners...
- Illinois $10B Pension Bond Plan Passes Senate. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/7/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31609, p1
The Illinois Senate has approved on April 4, 2003 Governor Rod Blagojevich's 10 billion dollar general obligation pension bond proposal. The vote was decided after Blagojevich explained the context of the plan within his budget proposal, which he will introduce during the second week of April....
- Illinois Gaming Bill Fails, Despite Pressure from Governor. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/11/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32917, p3
The article reports on the failure of the gaming expansion bill during a two-day special session despite pressures of Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich to let lawmakers pass the plan by vetoing $1.4 billion in spending from the fiscal 2009 operating budget. House Speaker Michael Madigan said the...
- Governor's bill would double-down on gambling. Tita, Bob // Crain's Chicago Business;6/16/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p2
The article reports that Illinois could become the first state to own a casino. It states that governor Rod Blagojevich of Illinois wants to use the casino to pay for new public works programs. It mentions that approval of the gambling bill by state Senate would double casino gambling by...
- Illinois legislators alter animal control act. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Oct2003, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p58
Reports that Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich has signed a legislation that updates the state's Animal Control Act in Illinois in August 2003. Remarks from Blagojevich; Amendment to House Bill 184, which updates the Illinois Animal Control Act; Provisions of the updated version of the Act.
- Bills Signed By Gov. Blagojevich Include Use Of Credit Scores, Commercial Non-Renewals, UM. // Insurance Advocate;8/25/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 32, p20
Reports on the insurance-related legislation dealing with the use of credit scores signed by Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich. Provision of the bill; Specifications of the legislative; Benefits derived from legislation.
- Legislative Corner. // Healthcare Traveler;Nov2005, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p8
Presents news briefs on bills in the U.S. as of November 2005. Goal of the bills signed by Governor Rod Blagojevich of Illinois; Provisions of the Patient Safety Act endorsed by the American Nurses Association in Massachusetts.
- Legislators need to put potholes before politics. // Crain's Chicago Business;4/17/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p26
This article reports that odds of a highway and school construction bill emerging from the spring legislative session in Springfield, Illinois, are growing longer by the day. Lawmakers headed home for a late-session break last week still at loggerheads over that and other fiscal matters. It...