Bloomberg Shelves Plan to Charge Tolls on N.Y.C. Bridges
- Old bridges don't die... Spinner, Jenni // Public Works;Sep2010, Vol. 141 Issue 10, p64
The article reports on the replacement project that costs 612 million dollars for the Willis Avenue Bridge in New York City as part of the over five billion pledge in bridge improvement under Mayor Michael Bloomberg. The new 350-foot steel-span bridge weighing 2,400 pounds assembled in Coeymans...
- THE MOGUL MAYOR. Kolbert, Elizabeth // New Yorker;4/22/2002-4/29/2002, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p138
Profiles New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Family background of Bloomberg; Career of Bloomberg in politics; Personal views of Bloomberg.
- Apple of His Eye. Tresniowski, Alex; Herbst, Diane // People;11/26/2001, Vol. 56 Issue 22, p175
Focuses on New York City Mayor-elect Michael Bloomberg, providing information on his background.
- Mayor Mike. // Caribbean Business;8/1/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p24
Reports on the performance of New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg. Private sector approach to city management; Relationship with government officials in Puerto Rico.
- Voices the mayor needs to hear. // Crain's New York Business;5/12/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p8
Here's a piece of good news for embattled Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Arthur Rubinstein will have dinner with him. It could be the start of a better relationship with average New Yorkers, including businesspeople. The mayor got the kind of news politicians dread. The Quinnipiac poll showed that...
- New York ringing in holidays with Elf Day. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;11/7/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 25, p2
Reports that New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has declared November 7 Elf Day in Gotham. Benefits from entertainment production in Gotham.
- HIS HONOR. Kolbert, Elizabeth // New Yorker;11/19/2001, Vol. 77 Issue 36, p31
Profiles mayor-elect Michael Bloomberg of New York, New York. Views on mayoralty candidate Mark Green; Political background; Factors influencing Bloomberg's decision to run in the mayoralty race.
- Targeting the Most Unusual Electorate In America. Strasma, Ken // Politics (Campaigns & Elections);Feb2010, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p25
The article presents a case study on New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg's bid for a third term in office. It details the obstacles faced by Bloomberg in his bid for another term including the city's law that limits mayors to serve for a maximum of two terms, and the anger of his people who...
- Polls Vaulting. Tomasky, Michael // New York;7/28/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p18
Provides advice to New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg on how to lead a nonpartisan administration. Approval ratings of Bloomberg as of May 2003; Identity and personality crises of Bloomberg; Reelection chances.