Chicago Imparts GO Pledge to $175 Million TIF Deal
- Chicago council passes TIF project to aid infamous public housing area. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;08/01/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30200, p3
Details the approval of the City Council of Chicago, Illinois of tax increment financing projects for the city's public housing complex. Estimated budget for the project; Plans of the council to issue bonds to pay for infrastructure and land acquisition.
- Chicago to Weigh PFC-Backed Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/28/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31106, p1
Reports that the Chicago City Council will vote on a 700 million dollar bond issue backed by passenger facility charges. Financing of improvements at the O'Hare International Airport; Structure of the proposed bonds.
- A Refunding for O'Hare. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31320, p1
Reports on the approval of the sale of O'Hare International Airport general airport revenue refunding bonds by the Chicago City Council. Purpose behind the sale of bonds; Managers of the bond deal; Outlook of Moody's Investors Service Inc. on the deal.
- Silicon Valley City Steps Up With Tax Allocation Issue. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31747, p30
Reports on the plan of Milpitas Redevelopment Agency to sell in tax allocation bonds in Santa Clara, California. Reflection of stability and financial management of the community; Addition of substantial long-term value to the bond issue; Improvement of tax increment revenues.
- D.C. Set for Third TIF Sale, With Plenty of Room Left Over. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31360, p34
Reports the speculation on the market for the tax increment financing (TIF) deal in Washington, D.C. Potential TIF revenue bond issues for the deal; Districts involved on the financing deal; Bond price for the Gallery Place project.
- DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA: Time Again for TIFs. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p33
Reports the process of materializing the tax-increment financing (TIF) bond deal in Washington D.C. Application of the developers for Capital Towers in TIF; Details of three TIF deals; Advancement of the deals to the economy of the district.
- Atlanta Moves Toward Issuing Bonds for First of Two TADs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31220, p35
Reports the issuance of bonds for the tax-allocation district in Atlanta, Georgia. Approval of the sale of the Atlantic Steel District tax increment debt; Conduction of validation hearings and legislation for outlining the parameters of the deal; Plans for the city commercial, entertainment and...
- South Carolina TIF Time. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31274, p1
Reports on the closure of a multi-million dollar tax increment financing bond deal to revitalize several projects in Columbia city, South Carolina. Three key projects that will utilize money from the proceedings of the deal; Terms of the deal; Insurer of bonds; Interest cost of bonds; Maturing...
- Thanks to a TIF, BP Plays the Good Guy in This Indiana City. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/23/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33338, p3
The article reports that the city of Whiting, Indiana sells 18.3 million dollars of tax increment financing (TIF) revenue bonds from taxpayer BP PLC to aid in the financial needs for the development on the city's Lake Michigan lakefront.