Hancock Cuts Fees to Ease Fed Effect on Principal, Returns
- John Hancock Cuts 12b-1 Money Market Service Fees. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/22/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31519, p6
Reports that the mutual fund complex, John Hancock Funds, has cut the 12b-1 distribution and service fees for the John Hancock Money Market Fund in the U.S. Annual out-of-pocket expenses for the company owing to the move; Aim of the move; Payment to brokers who sell funds; Decrease in tax-free...
- These outrageous money fund fees can cut your income by up to 20%. J.E. // Money;June97, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p45
Discusses the annual marketing charges or 12b-1 fees for United States money market funds. Yield decreases; Cuts in investor income; The five worst offenders; History of 12b-1 fees; Advice to stick with no-load and low-load fund groups.
- Overseas currencies now -- what rewards. Dunham, Robin // Accountancy;Oct81, Vol. 92 Issue 1058, p28
Discusses the benefits to British investors of putting part of their liquid resources into overseas currencies. Investment in currency funds, open-ended investment companies operating like mutual funds; Fees charged by various funds; Price of the funds.
- Hancock consolidates its fund prospectuses. Kapiloff, Howard // American Banker;9/18/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 179, p11
Reports that John Hancock Mutual Funds has rolled out three consolidated prospectuses to cover all of its retail mutual funds.
- Hancock planning to beef up team that markets to banks. Garmhausen, Stephen // American Banker;1/22/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 14, p14
States that John Hancock Funds is expanding its bank wholesalers corps to build its business through the distribution channel. Indication that the company assigned wholesalers to market only financial institutions; Comments from Ted Breen, director of sales in the company's financial...
- John Hancock Site Relaunched With Enhancements. // TechDecisions;Mar2007, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p6
The article reviews the redesigned Web site of John Hancock Funds which is available at www.jhfunds.com.
- Webcast Replaces Road Show. Pizzani, Lori // On Wall Street;Jun2001, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p32
Reports that John Hancock Funds held its first webcast in May 2001 which replaced an annual road show it conducted for financial advisors. Reason for conducting a webcast; Advantage of webcasting compared to roadshow in terms of cost-saving.
- Congestion charging in Manchester. Piltz, Howard; Fawcett, Paul // Logistics & Transport Focus;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p56
The article discusses some of the issues covered in a presentation by Roy Newton, head of the Greater Manchester Joint Policy Team, regarding congestion charging in Manchester, England. Newton came to brief the attendees on the progress in its proposals compliant with government's requirements...
- Fast Facts. // Medical Economics;8/18/2006, Vol. 83 Issue 16, p14
The article presents financial statistics related to medicine. The percentage of assets paid in average fees and expenses by money market fund investors in 2005 is 0.41 percent. There has been a 25 percent drop in average fees and expenses since 1980. Average fees and expenses for stock and bond...