Nevada Gov. Guinn Files Lawsuit Over Budget Battle
- Some strategies just don't work. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;5/12/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p4
Comments on the political decisions of Governor Kenny Guinn in Nevada. Need for tax increases; Promotion of government policy related to public spending; Public dialogue about state budget.
- Guinn flunks big picture test for future. // Las Vegas Business Press;03/27/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p4
No abstract available.
- Guinn's fiscal summit opens way for new taxes. Ward, Ken // Las Vegas Business Press;05/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p1
Reports on Nevada Governor Kenny Guinn's consideration of tax options as a way to help balance the state budget. Issues at Guinn's two-day fiscal summit in May 2000; Sales tax; Food tax; Higher insurance tax.
- Listening for the substance amid the din of a mob. // Las Vegas Business Press;2/3/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p4
Editorial. Comments on the controversies regarding the proposed tax package of Kenny Guinn in Carson City, Nevada. Increase in budget deficit; Need to address the inadequate state revenue system; Incidence of business closings due to the rising costs of doing business.
- Mental health funding vital to Nevada economy. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;2/24/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p4
Comments on the legislative budget hearing on Nevada Governor Kenny Guinn's mental health funding recommendations in February 2003. Recommendation to expand eligibility for the Senior Rx program.
- Nevada Lawmakers Mull $278 Three-Year Bond Plan. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;1/28/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32059, p39
The article reports that Nevada Governor Kenny Guinn has proposed in his 2005- 2007 biennium budget. In his budget he has proposed that a nearly $321 million capital improvement plan feat would rely on $278 million in bonds to be sold during the next three years. The bulk of the funds would...
- Nevada Budget Proposes Funding for New State College. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;01/24/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31063, p40
Reports on Nevada governor Kenny Guinn's allocation of a portion of his 3.8-billion-dollar budget proposal for funding a state college in the city of Henderson. Amount to be designated for the proposed college; Number of students who are expected to enroll; Total cost of the school; Guinn's...
- Lawmakers, special projects funds broaden state's 1999-2001 budget. Ward, Ken // Las Vegas Business Press;05/29/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p1
Reports that the Nevada Legislature voted to spend more than Governor Kenny Guinn's recommendation for the 1999 to 2001 biennium. State's budget cycle; Guinn's justification of his `flat' spending proposals; Legislature's propensity for passing special allocations and one-shot appropriations...
- Guinn may face tougher challenges than winning an election. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;12/22/97, Vol. 14 Issue 51, p4
Comments on the legitimacy issue faced by Nevada gubernatorial candidate Kenny Guinn. Impact of Frankie Sue Del Papa's withdrawal from the gubernatorial race on popularity of issues regarding legitimacy; Obstacle encountered by an unearned governorship; Impact of the issue on voter turn out.