North Carolina Governor Signs $14.8B Budget in Time for Start of Fiscal Year
- Moody's Eyes Connecticut Localities in Light of Proposed Aid Cuts. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;2/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31576, p25
Reports on the statement by rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. according to which it will monitor measures taken by Connecticut Governor John Rowland towards reducing budgetary deficit. Special report of Moody's with regard to the credit strength of Connecticut; Impact of aid...
- Moody's Drops N.Y. State Outlook. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31528, p1
Reports on the lowering of New York's general obligation credit rating by Moody's Investors Service Inc. as of December 9, 2002. Debt amounts of general obligation and lease and appropriation; Acknowledgement of the state budget deficit by the governor George E. Pataki; Consideration of selling...
- Moody's Upgrades Connecticut to Aa2 Ahead of Sale This Week. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;02/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31080, p48
Reports that Moody's Investor Service has upgraded Connecticut's general obligation bond rating and has assigned it a stable outlook. Amount of net tax-supported debt affected by the upgrade; Citation of state effort to apply conservative budgeting practices; Budget surplus of Connecticut in...
- Moody's Puts Connecticut's GO Rating On Downgrade Watch, Citing Shortfall. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p36
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has put Connecticut's general obligation credit rating under review for a downgrade. Effect of Moody's outlook on state debt; Deficit in the state's budget; Other credits which are being affected.
- Moody's Joins Standard & Poor's in Giving Michigan Triple-A Rating. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;10/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30991, p4
Discusses the improvement of the state of Michigan's credit rating by Moody's Investors Service. Impact of the state's low debt and improved financial management; Factors behind the upgrading of the state's credit rating by Moody's.
- ILLINOIS: Joliet Upgrade. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p29
Focuses on credit ratings given by rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. to bonds of Joliet, Illinois. Impact of ratings on general obligation debt of the city; Basis for the ratings.
- Moody's Lowers Outlook on MassPort Debt to Negative. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;2/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31324, p5
Focuses on credit ratings for the Massachusetts' Port Authority debt set by rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. on the airport's business; Ratings given by other rating agencies.
- FLORIDA: Palm Beach COPs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p29
Reports on the credit ratings given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to certificates of participation of the School Board of Palm Beach County, Florida. Sale of the certificates of participation; Insurance cover of the certificates.
- Moody's Downgrades New Jersey. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31337, p1
Reports the downgrading of the New Jersey's general obligation credit rating by the Moody's Investors Service. Future obligations for health care; Shortfall on total revenue; Criticisms on the pension bond.