Gov. Davis Extends Hiring Freeze To Trim $250 Million From Deficit
- California's Davis Unveils $104 Billion Budget. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;01/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31056, p4
Reports that California Governor Gray Davis released his budget proposal for 2001. Total value of the budget proposed by Davis; Davis' allocation of a certain portion of the total budget to help resolve the state's energy crisis; Breakdown of the state budget unveiled by the governor.
- A memo to my wife. McClintock, Tom // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/27/2003, Issue 323105, p23
Criticizes California governor Gray Davis' handling of the state's budget through a mock memorandum supposedly sent by the author to his wife. Slashing of state budget; Postponement of payment of money owed to schools by the state; Cut in medicare spending; Tax increase; College fund; Use of...
- Calif. Colleges Dodge a Bullet in Final Budget. Fisher, Maria Jo // Community College Week;8/18/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the signing of the 2003-2004 California's state budget by Governor Gray Davis and the budget reduction faced by community colleges in the state. Information on the proposed budget for the colleges; Requirements to colleges in 2003; Increase in students' fees by colleges.
- We're Killing the Goose That Lays Our Golden Eggs. Owen, Ted // San Diego Business Journal;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p34
Comments on the inability of California governor Gray Davis to solve the problems faced by the state. Electricity crisis; Gas shortage; Fiscal crisis.
- Murky forecast for Republican recall candidates. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/18/2003, Issue 323114, p5
Reports on the petition to recall Governor Gray Davis in California. Number of signatures collected for the petition; Candidates for Davis' replacement.
- Governor Davis, don't fail us now. // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/10/2003, Issue 798, p12
Editorial. Focuses on Governor Gray Davis' support for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transvestite community. Renewed commitment of the governor on his second term.
- Can governor win California power play? Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;6/21/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 145, p3
Focuses on California Governor Gray Davis, his efforts to win modest federal price controls on wholesale power, and his popularity.
- Electric Shock. Begun, Bret; Meadows, Susannah; Howard, Lucy; Stroup, Katherine // Newsweek;4/16/2001, Vol. 137 Issue 16, p9
Suggests the possibility that California Governor Gray Davis will not be re-elected in 2002 because of the way in which he handled energy crises in California.
- What Others Are Saying. // Community College Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the reactions of community colleges to the decision of California Governor Gray Davis to cut funds for state colleges.