NEWS IN BRIEF
- E. Charts. // Survey of Current Business;Dec2003, Vol. 83 Issue 12, pD-4
Presents graphical representations of the performance of the U.S. economy from 1979 to 2003. Industrial production index; Percent change in the producer price index; Unemployment rates; Sales of new one-family houses.
- The Economic Setting. Lewis, Hyman L. // Monthly Labor Review;Feb67, Vol. 90 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the economic conditions of the United States in 1966. Decline in the rate of real economic growth; Rise in unemployment level; Increase in consumer prices and workers' wage.
- It Just Goes On and On. SCHIFF, LENORE // Fortune;10/27/1997, Vol. 136 Issue 8, p35
Presents information on the early statistics for the month of September, which confirmed the happy economic story of the U.S. in past. Graph depicting unemployment rate; Increase in the index of prices; Statistics on supplier deliveries index.
- U.S. ECONOMY AT A GLANCE U.S. BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS. // Condition of the Texas State Banking System;Sep2014, p22
Two charts are presented related to U.S. economy and mentions the topics including unemployment rate, consumer price index and producer price index.
- Core Producer Prices Rose More than Forecast in Oct. // American Banker;11/12/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 218, p30
Reports on the rise in producer prices in the United States in October 1999. Core rate of the producer price index; Attribution of the increase to a rise in passenger car and light truck prices; Decline in first-time claims for state unemployment benefits; Performance of the food and energy...
- The specter of 'Stagflation' hangs over U.S. economy. Samuelson, Robert J. // Fort Worth Business Press;3/3/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p42
The author argues that the term "stagflation" in relation to the U.S. economy is being misused. He argues that since the term's inception in the 1970s, there have been misconception about the term's defining feature. He notes some stagflation events in the U.S. economy from the 1960s to the...
- Fourth-quarter profits for S&P 500 stocks to rise 14% compared to 2003. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;12/23/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 53, p12
The article presents information on current economic conditions in the United States. Wholesale prices increased 0.5 percent in November 2004, reflecting the biggest jump in natural gas costs since March 2003. Delphi Corp., the auto-parts supplier, cited rising costs as one of the reasons it...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;1/20/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32053, p2
Reports economic developments in the U.S. Decline of the seasonally adjusted index of consumer prices; Increase of the median consumer price index as calculated by the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland; Decrease of the first-time applications for state unemployment.
- the Economy. // Labor Law Journal;Jun72, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p322
The article offers news briefs related to the economy of the U.S. In April 1972, the Consumer Price Index rose 0.2 percent and increases were noted in men's clothing, used cars, restaurant meals and most household services. Also in April 1972, the number of unemployed totaled 4.7 million which...