Stadium Bonds in Arizona Unlikely As Revenues Continue to Underwhelm
- Arizona: Preparing for global competition through `industrial clusters.' Waits, Mary Jo // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Summer92, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p34
Reports on Arizona's economic program that seeks to identify its cluster industries and to establish ongoing contracts between those industries and public officials. Clusters and international strategy.
- Tax restructuring could help state attract industry. VonDohlen, Eric // Inside Tucson Business;3/25/96, Vol. 5 Issue 52, p5
Opinion. Discusses the need for the state of Arizona to restructure its taxation programs to encourage investment and economic growth. Incentives offered by states and municipalities to new or expanding industry; Why Arizona needs to reform its property-tax code.
- Economic development: Building an economic future. Waits, Mary Jo // State Government News;Sep95, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on Arizona's Strategic Plan for Economic Development. New model for state economic development; Endorsement of the plan's key concept called `clusters.' INSETS: CSG resources.;Clusters develop along a continuum..
- A cluster-analytic approach to identifying and developing state target industries: The case of... Morfessis, Ionna T. // Economic Development Review;Spring94, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p33
Describes the Arizona's utilization of the cluster-analytic approach to identifying and developing state target industries. Use of economic clusters; Identification of economic clusters; Using economic clusters to guide efforts to strengthen the foundation for economic development.
- Oro Valley plans for more commercial activity. Elliott, Robert S. // Inside Tucson Business;5/13/96, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the efforts of Bryant Nodine, senior planner for Oro Valley in Tucson, Texas, to increase commercial activity in the area. Oracle Road as the key zone for expanded business interests; Changing of roadblocks to business growth.
- Business recruitment key part of growth plan. Fessenden, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;06/08/98, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p13
Discusses the success of Oro Valley, Arizona in recruiting businesses to the town and planning for future growth. Transformation of the Oracle Road into a major corridor for commercial and retail business; Negotiation with developers to bring a new resort to the community; Efforts to attract...
- Tucson needs to get behind cluster efforts. // Inside Tucson Business;04/24/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p4
Editorial. Comments on the state funding won by the industry clusters of the Governor's Strategic Economic Partnerships in Arizona. Clusters' promotion of economic development in optics, aerospace and information technology; Contributions of private entrepreneurs to the success of the...
- Growth boundaries: The lessons of history ignored. Scharf, R. Evan // Inside Tucson Business;05/18/98, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p5
Opinion. Comments on the consequences of the so-called managed growth initiative in Arizona. Failure of central planning strategies; Increase in the prices of infill land; Increase in unemployment; Moral issue regarding the annexation of Arizona cities.
- Lawmakers take aim at voter-approved taxes, spending. Stephenson, Hank // Inside Tucson Business;3/23/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p24
The article reports on the proposal given by the Republican lawmakers in Arizona for amendments in the constitution of Arizona which would make it harder for voters to impose taxes upon themselves or continue voter-approved spending measures. It is reported that, the Arizona. House has approved...