Maryland, Illinois Hit Market as Atypical Yields Boost Demand
- Illinois Finds Itself In a Pickle. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/6/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33395, p1
The article focuses on the quarterly reports of Comptroller Dan Hynes which disclose the deterioration of the balance sheets in Illinois. It reveals the 4.7 billion dollar owed by the state for the fiscal 2010 on June 30. It also affirms that the state has so many delays and lapses in paying its...
- Fitch Downgrade Seen As Only The First Amid Illinois Impasse. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/21/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34397, p24
The article reports on the decision of credit ratings firm Fitch to downgrade the general obligation debt of the state of Illinois. Topics discussed include an overview of the state's credit ratings downgrade, the opinions of industry analysts regarding the credit ratings downgrade, and the...
- Maryland surplus plans divide candidates. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;09/08/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30473, p6
Focuses on the state of Maryland's budget surplus for fiscal year 1998. Passage of legislation mandating excess revenue's placement in a rainy-day municipal fund; Improvement of Maryland's economic development and job growth programs; Decline of levies on public utility companies.
- Experts: A rainy-day fund for Illinois could mean stronger finances, ratings. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;09/11/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30476, p6
Reports that Illinois could improve its financial condition by creating a state rainy-day fund according to fiscal experts. Saving of millions of dollars in interest payments; Better ratings for Illinois if it had a rainy-day fund; Barry Poulson's criticism against a House bill that would...
- Exploring Menus and Pumping Up Negative Numbers. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, MID WEST p38
Reports on fiscal and economic conditions of Illinois as of March 3, 2003. Estimated budget deficit for fiscal year 2004; Variation in the state's revenue during 1998-2001; Amount of bonds issued in various sectors during 1998-2002.
- Maryland Passes $21.67B 2003 Operating Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31360, p5
Reports the submission of the operating budget for the fiscal year 2003 by lawmakers in Maryland. Amount of the operating budget; Number of votes approving the operating budget; Overview on the expenses of the operating budget.
- For GOP Governor, GOs Are One Way to Go to Avoid Tax Hike. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, NORTH EAST p12
Reports on the prospects for Maryland to manage its fiscal position as of March 3, 2003. Challenges to be faced by the state; Approximate budget deficit for fiscal years 2002 and 2003; Plans of the state to issue bonds to bridge the shortfall.
- State's deposits forfeited interest. // Crain's Chicago Business;6/26/95, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the losses incurred by the state of Illinois from former Treasurer Pat Quinn's linked-deposit initiative program aimed at boosting economic development.
- Illinois compromise. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/20/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30645, p1
Reports on the agreement of Illinois legislative leaders to Governor George Ryan's proposed $12 billion, five-year infrastructure spending program, including a $4.3 billion of debt sales by the state, on May 18, 1999. Changes made to Ryan's original proposal; Prospects for the accompanying...