Arkansas School Officials: Funding Plan Should Include Capital Access
- Kentucky lawmakers increase school technology funding 218% to $127M. // Electronic Education Report;06/24/98, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p6
Reports that the Kentucky Legislature has voted to increase funding for the state's Master Technology Plan for the 1998-2000 funding cycle. Awarding of funds based on the school districts' unmet need and average daily attendance; Priority projects for districts under the plan; Move to meet the...
- $23 Billion 'Jobs Fund' Will Avert Teacher Layoffs. // Economic Opportunity Report;2010, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on the capability of the 23 billion U.S. dollar education jobs fund of the Jobs for Main Street Act of 2010 to prevent teacher layoffs in the U.S.
- NEW MEXICO: Asking for More. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;12/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31277, p29
Reports on the approval of budget by New Mexico Board of Education for public schools in 2003. Requests for additional finance by the public school officials; Consideration of two other proposals by the board; Priority of the proposal to hike salaries of the teachers.
- Texas School Districts Back in Court to Fight Finance Formula. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p3
Reports on the plans of four school districts in Texas to request the Third Court of Appeals to reconsider a district court judge's ruling regarding the state's school finance formula. School districts' objections to the school funding by the state; Provisions of the school funding formula.
- Judge orders Alabama to aid black colleges. // Jet;1/20/92, Vol. 81 Issue 13, p22
Reports on a ban by a US District judge on racism in awarding funds to Alabama's public colleges. Call for millions of dollars for improvements at Alabama's two black public colleges; Comments by Dr. C.C. Baker, interim president at Alabama State University; Impact on predominantly white...
- New strategy for state fund? Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;09/30/96, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p45
Reports that the Michigan Strategic Fund, now called the Michigan Renaissance Fund, has been set aside for grants to put computers in the state's kindergarten-through-fourth-grade classrooms. Introduction of a bill changing the name and purpose of the fund; Support of the bill by several...
- State program boosts spending. // American School & University;Oct97, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p3
Reports that Massachusetts has announced the final phase of its education technology program. Awarding of technology grant money to 338 districts in 1996; Spending requirement.
- Cutting school budgets: Lessons from across the U.S. Bolick, N.O. // Education Digest;Apr92, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p7
Looks at the impact of a lagging economy and cuts in state aid on the American educational system. Budget cutting and areas that have been targeted for cuts; Elimination of bus routes in Nevada City, California; Elimination of administrative positions; Comment of School Committee Member Kelly...
- Education Funding Reform Long Overdue in Alabama. Gibson, John T. // Black Issues in Higher Education;01/03/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p40
Comments on the lack of reform governing Alabama's funding for education, as of January 2002. Factors that exacerbated the problem; Proposals for state leaders.