N.Y.C.'s Roundabout Theatre Issuing %17.3M to Buy Studio 54
- Theater triumphs in Tony district. Denitto, Emily // Crain's New York Business;05/11/98, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p4
Focuses on the popularity of the Roundabout Theatre Company of New York, while reflecting on the general reaction the relocation of the company to Criterion Center in 1991. Background information on Roundabout Theatre; Comments from Julia Levy, director of development at Roundabout Theatre;...
- Roundabout's second stage. Weathersby Jr., William // TCI: Theatre Crafts International;Jan96, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p15
Reports on Rounabout Theatre's acquisition of lease for a second stage near Stage Right Theatre in New York City, New York. Renovation and reconfiguration; Seating capacity; Plans for presenting experimental performances; Stage layout; Theater equipment available.
- A roundabout way to success. // World & I;Jan93, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p172
Looks at a new kind of theater which has taken up residence on Broadway--not for profit groups such as the Roundabout Theater Company. Founding of the Roundabout in 1966 by Gene Feist; The Roundabout and Chapter 11 bankruptcy; Production of `Look Back in Anger,' starring Malcolm McDowell; More.
- Roundabout now. Ickes, Bob; Jaskowiak, Kurt // New York;12/19/94-12/26/94, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p86
Focuses on the revival of the Roundabout Theater Company. Financial and production problems in 1983; Relocation to Broadway in 1992; Construction of a second theater in 1995; Strategy to maintain a subscriber base; Broadway as an `unpleasant consumer experience.'
- Roundabout Previews Plans for New Home. McBride, Murdoch // Back Stage;02/12/99, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the invitational tour of the Roundabout Theatre Company to preview plans for its venue in the former Selwyn Theatre in New York. Celebrities that will participate in the event; Actors to be featured in a special filmed tour of the venue; Details on the theater's renovation plan.
- Roundabout finds Off B'way home. Brodesser, Claude // Variety;11/23/98, Vol. 373 Issue 2, p53
Reports that the Roundabout Theater Company has found a temporary home to bridge the gap between its exit from the Criterion Center and its move into Selwyn Theater on 42nd Street in New York City, New York. Deal reached for the company to stage its shows at Leonard Soloway and Steven Levy's...
- ROUNDABOUT ROUTE. Hofler, Robert // Daily Variety;08/10/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 48, p4
Reports on Roundabout Theater Co.'s signing of a long-term lease of the American Place Theater (APT) in New York City for its Off Broadway productions. Opening of Roundabout's new American Airlines Theater with a revival of the Kaufman & Hart classic `The Man Who Came to Dinner'; Theater...
- Broadway's new stars. Webber, Bruce // Vogue;Sep95, Vol. 185 Issue 9, p346
Reports on the success of the musicals shown at the Roundabout and its inauguration of an adjacent 399-seat theater, the Laura Pels, devoted to works by established playwrights. Presentation of the revival of `Company'; Symbolism of Roundabout to the changing landscape of Broadway; Emergence of...
- IATSE Into Roundabout. // Back Stage;07/16/99, Vol. 40 Issue 28, p5
Reports that New York's IATSE Local B-183 has won the rights to represent ushers at Manhattan's Roundabout Theatre. Other activities of IATSE.