- Viewpoint. Miller, Jeff // Orange County Business Journal;8/24/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 34, p55
In this article, the author discusses the law passed by the North Carolina Legislature that aims to draw Apple Inc. to North Carolina in 2009. The author states that to make the Apple sale, North Carolina altered its law to permit a sizeable break on corporate income taxes of around 46 million...
- STATES STUDY TRADE POLICY. Steidel, Nick // State Legislatures;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p23
Discusses the study being conducted by U.S. state legislatures on trade policy. Examination of the North American Free Trade Agreement by the Senate's Committee on International Relations and Trade in Texas; Impact of international trade agreements on state laws; Discussion on offshore...
- And for official state bird, the loon. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jul/Aug1997, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p7
Reports that Massachusetts legislature has moved on to the critical task of naming into a higher supremacy. Reason why Texas is moving into unchartered terrain.
- Beware of a lame duck. // Business News New Jersey;11/15/95, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p28
Editorial. Comments on bills that have been languishing in New Jersey's 206th Legislature. Business community's lack of interest in what goes on in the Legislature.
- The End of the Seventieth Congress. // Congressional Digest;Mar1929, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p81
Examines the end of the 70th Congress on March 4, 1929 in the United States. Night and Sunday session; Reapportionment bill; Immigration legislation.
- The 70th Congress. // Congressional Digest;Mar1929, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p81
Examines the 70th Congress in the United States. Membership in the Senate and in the House; President officer in the Senate and in the House; Floor leaders in the Senate and in the House.
- Action Taken by Congress. // Congressional Digest;Mar1929, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p82
Presents a daily summary of the proceedings of the U.S. House and Senate from January 21, 1929. Resolutions; Bills; Conference reports.
- The Senate. Davidson, Alastair; Davidson, Mary-Ellen // Legaldate;Mar98, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p5
Features the Australian Senate. Elections for the Senate; Powers of the Senate under the Constitution; Role of the Senate; Senate committees; Senate reform.
- System failure award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/15/96, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p1
Criticizes the New York States Legislature for failing to change the Padavan Law of 1978.