Still on the Edge
- Rating Changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p33
Presents a chart depicting the changes in the bond rating of business enterprises in the U.S.
- US Demand Still Strong; European Pipeline Fills. // High Yield Report;5/27/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p2
Reports on the bond markets in the U.S. and Europe. Demand for the primary market in the U.S.; Decline of the bond ratings of companies; Activity in the European secondary market.
- BOND HAS LICENCE TO KILL NEW BLOOD. Hayhurst, Lee // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/9/2007, Issue 2792, p1
The article reports on the implication of increased insurance premiums on modern travel companies in Great Britain. Most travel entrepreneurs are threatened to be blocked from entering the travel industry if the Air Passenger Charge (APC) will be approved. It is a Â£1 consumer charge that...
- Takedown in Tallahasse . Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31694, p29
Reports on the rating of health care company Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare's multi-million dollars worth of outstanding bonds by rating agency Moody's Investor's Service.
- Cross-Sectional Regularities in the Response of Stock Prices to Bond Rating Changes. Cornell, Bradford; Landsman, Wayne; Shapiro, Alan C. // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Fall89, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p460
This paper examines whether a firm's stock price response to the new information provided by a bond rating change is related to its net intangible assets. A variable used to measure net intangible assets, which is based on current cost data, is found to have significant explanatory power in...
- Gainers & Losers: Six Flags/Adelphia. K. L. // High Yield Report;10/10/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p7
Reports on the companies included in the top bond gainers and losers list in the U.S. Management of Calpine Corp. with its multi-million dollar preferred stock to aid in liquidity; Continuance of General Motors Corp. to face problems as Standard & Poor's Corp. placed its bonds on review for...
- Moody's: Despite Tobacco MSA Turbulence, Ratings Still Apply. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/20/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32406, p5
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has stated that changes in tobacco bond ratings would be permanently affected by reduced Master Settlement Agreement (MSA) payments by tobacco companies in Texas. Under the terms of the MSA, manufacturers that signed the 1998 agreement can...
- IT'S NOT YOU, IT'S ME. lynn, Jacquelyn // Entrepreneur;Jun2005, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p70
The article presents information on the consequences of the loss of identity by entrepreneurs. A sole proprietorship, a partnership or even a closely held corporation is usually very dependent on its owner's personal credit rating. If one's credit rating is damaged, the impact on his company...
- Competitive Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;7/21/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31681, p8
Presents a list of competitive bond offered by several business enterprises and states of the U.S. which are available during the period July 21, 2003 to August 18, 2003. Ratings assigned by different rating agencies to bonds; Financial advisers of companies offering bonds; Information on...