Chicago to Sell $950M Of Air Bonds
- Flight of fancy: How Chicago of the future got that way. Merrion, Paul; File, Fed // Crain's Chicago Business;08/10/98, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p11
Opinion. Focuses on various political issues in Chicago, with reference to the O'Hare International Airport. Identification of the political issues which surfaced during 1998; What was the outcome of these issues; Information on the repeal of federal income taxes in 2006; Views that the...
- Is political breakthrough on the radar? Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;01/29/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p13
Focuses on the possibility of a compromise regarding the proposed expansion of the Chicago, Illinois-based O'Hare International Airport as of January 29, 2001. Political aspects of the delay in the proposed airport expansion; Need for Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley to support the proposed...
- GOP, take note: Corinne has good shot at gud title. Munson, Lester // Crain's Chicago Business;10/22/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p11
Reports the possibility of Republican Corinne Wood to win the GOP nomination for governor in the primary elections in Chicago, Illinois. Suggestion on issues to be addressed to guarantee a win; Information on Jim Ryan as the most probable opponent; Achievements of Ryan.
- Chicago politics: Tough, but without racial tinge. Tyson, James L. // Christian Science Monitor;2/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 64, p3
Analyzes the elections to the Chicago city government on February 28, 1995 for electing aldermen and a mayor. Details of the campaign; Issues in the campaign; Analysis of racial issues in the campaign.
- It's the helluva town? Byrne, Dennis // Human Life Review;Summer98, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p41
Evaluates Chicago, Illinois as a city of activism. Issue on the decision of a Chicago jury against pro-life activists; Crusade of Martin Luther King in Chicago; Problems faced by pro-life activists.
- For the record. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/29/99, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p66
Cites industrial and political developments in the Chicago, Illinois area for the week ended November 26, 1999. Includes public directors appointed at the Chicago Board Options Exchange; Tribune Co.'s agreement to buy WTXX-TV in Hartford, Connecticut; Administration of Mayor Richard Daley as...
- Time is ripe for business to make legislative case. Whitley, Douglas L. // Crain's Chicago Business;02/25/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p11
Comments on the impact of politics on business in Chicago, Illinois. Proposals of the politicians on taxes; Increase of the business tax; Compensation costs and health care mandates on employers.
- Strong Constitution, but can't stomach Cubs. Cappo, Joe // Crain's Chicago Business;8/5/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p8
Cites politics and economic issues in Chicago, Illinois. Question on the constitutionality of the Pledge of Allegiance; Overview on the marketing scheme of Chicago Cubs; Impact of stock market performance on consumer confidence.
- Chicago. // FW;3/14/95, Vol. 164 Issue 7, p65
Presents `Financial World' magazine's ranking of Chicago, Illionois in terms of city management under mayor Richard Daley. Moody's and Standard & Poor's bond ratings; Effects of troubled union relations; Development of a citywide system for measuring service efficiency and effectivity;...