Oklahoma Jail Not OK
- Florida County, awaiting vote on tax, considers options on jail financing. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;01/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30818, p3
Reports that Lee County, Florida, is evaluating its options on how to finance a jail project after county officials decided to ask for voter approval on a local option, sales tax. Plans to finance the project with a combination of commercial paper and cash; County's options if the proposed...
- ARKANSAS: Hot Springs Jail Tax Rocks. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/18/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33600, p9
The article reports that 64% of voters have agreed on the proposals of Garland County, Arkansas to raise the sales tax rate to build and operate a new jail in Hot Springs.
- After Vote, Arkansas County Set to Break Out Jail Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/9/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33613, p4
The article reports on the development of a new jail in Hot Springs, Arkansas with proceeds from 42 million dollars of sales tax bonds which going to market on November 14, 2011, after voters approved a 1% increase of sales tax rate to support the bonds in the county.
- Jail Vote Underway. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/11/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33596, p9
The article reports that the voters in Garland County, Arkansas will go the polling places to vote on the sales tax increase by 1% to construct and operate a new county jail worth 40 million dollars in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
- North Dakota County Floating $90M Bonds for New Jail. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/23/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34348, p1
Burleigh County, N.D., is gearing up for the issuance of $90 million of sales-tax backed bonds to finance a new jail.
- No New Jail. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p35
Reports on the rejection of a sales tax proposal by the Caddo County voters in Oklahoma. Proposal of jail construction to replace a crowded 47-year-old facility; Use of surplus for capital outlay projects; Issuance of bonds to build a combined city hall and community.
- Site dispute locks up plans for new Oklahoma county jail. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/28/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30837, p9
Reports on the opposition of attorneys Ken Doerfel and Robert Price to a plan to build another jail in Oklahoma's Comanche County, which will be funded by a sales tax-backed bond issue. Total funds needed for the project; Reason for the two layer's opposition; Financial adviser for the bond issue.
- Voters OK Tax Hike to Build New Jail for Izard County, Ark. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/13/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31180, p3
Reports that county voters in Izard County, Arkansas approved a temporary sales tax to back bonds that will finance construction of a jail. Bond authorization; Jail and prison bond sales from 1991 to 2000.
- ARKANSAS: Wanted: Tax Hike for Jail. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/29/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32927, p9
The article reports on an as-yet-undetermined sales tax increase hoping by the government officials in Newton County, Arkansas be put on the November ballot to help finance construction of a new jail. According to Arkansas Criminal Detention Facility Review Committee, a survey of the county's...