- Elizabeth School District in Talks to Get $1.5 Million Bailout From Colorado. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31570, p7
Reports on the announcement made by Colorado treasurer Mike Coffman to negotiate a $1.5 million financial bailout plan with Denver, Colorado-based Elizabeth School District. Reasons behind the negotiations; Shortfall of funds faced by the district in 2002.
- Colorado Official Seeks Big Changes in Wake of St. Vrain Woes. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/13/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31532, p40
Reports on the plans of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman to send a team of financial advisors to write a plan to help the Saint Vrain Valley School District recover from its financial problems. Jobs to be carried out by these advisors; Intention of Coffman to support a legislation to eliminate a...
- Coffman: More than a money man. Schwab, Robert // ColoradoBiz;Oct2003, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p7
Focuses on Mike Coffman's intervention in the St. Vrain Valley School District's financial crisis in Colorado. Reason for his involvement in school finance; Role of Coffman as state treasurer in lending of money to school districts; Impact of the change in schedule for all Colorado school...
- Colo. Treasurer: St. Vrain Has 'Bright' Future. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31792, p5
Focuses on the ratings given to Saint Vrain Valley School District by Colorado treasurer Mike Coffman after a reviewing a recent audit of the school district's progress under a financial recovery plan. Value of the budget deficit for the district in 2002; Conditions stated in the recovery plan;...
- Colorado Treasurer Halts Loan to School District. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p2
Reports on the disapproval of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman to the loan payments for the Gunisson Watershed School District in Colorado. Reason for the disagreement of Coffman to the payments; Inability of the district to repay the lona; Condition of Coffman to the reconsideration of the...
- Colo. Treasurer Reinstates District Loan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/20/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31743, p2
Reports on the decision of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman to reinstate the Gunnison Watershed School District RE-J loan. Approval of revised budget; Compliance with the loan obligations to the state; Omission of cuts from classrooms.
- St. Vrain Pays Its Dues. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/15/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31905, p31
Reports that the Saint Vrain Valley School District has made the final payment on a loan from Colorado. Financial recovery plan of the state; Assessment of the financial improvement in the district; Warning of Treasurer Mike Coffman on the district.
- Colorado Finally Ponies Up Loan to Strapped School District. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31572, p28
Reports on the decision of Colorado's treasurer Mike Coffman to give St. Vrain School District a loan of 2.2 million dollars. Plans of St. Vrain teachers for compensating a reduction in their salary; Amount that would revive St. Vrain from its financial crisis.
- Colorade Committee Will Rethink School Funding Methods. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31547, p4
Reports that Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman is planning to form a committee for implementing possible changes in its school funding programs. Composition of the committee; Information on the state's intercept program for schools that guarantees bondholders repayment of outstanding debt;...