Delayed State Aid Payments Take Some Texas Schools By Surprise
- Protecting K-12 Funds A Must for Gov. Perry. Galley, Michelle // Education Week;2/26/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p15
Reports on Texas governor Rick Perry's plan to protect education aid by reducing state mandates. Topics on which districts are required to produce reports; Proposal to shift funding from state's Telecommunications Infrastructure Fund to the state education; Introduction of an initiative to...
- Legislature addresses roads damaged by oil, gas traffic. Domel, Jessica // Texas Agriculture Magazine;6/7/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p9
The article informs that bill HB 2300 and SB 1747, both are addressing the harms of the roadway infrastructure due of increased traffic and oil and gas exploration in Texas, has been sent to the state governor Rick Perry for approval.
- N.H. school plan offers needed fixes, though questions remain. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;07/06/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30676, p5
Focuses on a legislative bill aimed at changing how the state government of New Hampshire distributes education aid to cooperative school districts in the state. Separation of criteria for awarding financial aid under the bill's provisions; Schedule of the legislative implementation.
- School story brings back memories. RASH, BRIAN // Graham Leader;5/4/2014, Vol. 138 Issue 75, p4A
The author discusses aspects of the HB 5 bill signed by Governor Rick Perry which requires school districts in Texas to provide endorsements involving STEM, public services and multidisciplinary studies.
- Gov. Perry awards more than $1 million in DATE grants to Abilene ISD. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);8/28/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p6
The article reports on the $1 million fund awarded by Texas Governor Rick Perry to the Abilene Independent School District through the District Awards for Teaching Excellence (DATE).
- Texas Bill Adds Momentum to Commuter Rail Plans. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;6/23/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33538, p3
The article offers information on a bill signed by Texas governor Rick Perry aimed at helping commuter rail districts raise money across jurisdictional lines for bond-funded projects.
- TEXAS. M. A. Z. // Education Week;3/30/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p20
The article discusses a speech by Texas Governor Rick Perry on February 8, 2011, in which he discussed state funding for education, budget cuts, and the state dropout rate.
- Texas School Districts Learn to Budget During Lean Years. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p8
Reports on budget deficits facing school districts in Texas. School finance formula by Governor Rick Perry and other lawmakers; Texas school finance law; Lawsuit by school districts against the school formula; Plans of the Carroll district to have a bond election at the end of 2004 to finance...
- Lyon: Flawed formula equals cuts. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);3/23/2011, Vol. 107 Issue 50, p4A
The article reports on the contradiction of many educators on the statement of Texas Governor Rick Perry, blaming the administrative budgets regarding the financial problems being faced by state schools and according to Hays Consolidated Independent School District (CISD) Superintendent Jeremy...