N.Y.C. BCI Drops To 226.7 in June
- New indexes track the state of the states. Crone, Theodore M. // Business Review (Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia);Jan/Feb94, p19
Details development of regional economic indexes for the Third Federal Reserve District. National coincident indicators; Composite index use for business cycle tracking; Stock and Watson method in construction of states indexes; Business cycles in states.
- Business cycle indicators. // Survey of Current Business;Oct93, Vol. 73 Issue 10, pC-1
Presents statistics of business cycle indicators from August 1992 to September 1993. Composite indexes; Labor force; unemployment; Output; Sales; Fixed capital investment; Inventories; Prices; Profits; Wages; Personal income; Saving; National defense; Exports and imports; International...
- Business cycle indicators. // Survey of Current Business;Feb94, Vol. 74 Issue 2, pC-1
Presents current and historical data on business cycle indicators as of February 1994. Availability of data; Data tables; Charts.
- A test of the International CAPM using business cycles indicators as instrumental variables. Dumas, Bernard // NBER Reporter;Spring94, p40
This article presents an abstract of the NBER Working Paper "A test of the International CAPM using business cycles indicators as instrumental variables," by Bernard Dumas.
- Business cycle indicators. // Survey of Current Business;Oct94, Vol. 74 Issue 10, pC-1
Presents business cycle indicators in the United States from 1993 through September 1994. Composite indexes; Labor force, employment and unemployment; Output, production and capacity utilization; Sales, orders and deliveries; Fixed capital investment; Inventories and inventory investment;...
- Other important economic measures. // Survey of Current Business;Nov94, Vol. 74 Issue 11, pC-22
Presents statistics on important economic measures affecting the business cycle in the United States. Prices; Other measures; International industrial production; International consumer prices; International stock prices; International exchange rates.
- Using Weathervanes Wisely. Dunnan, Nancy // ABA Journal;Nov91, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p88
Advises United States investors on maximizing the use of economic data released by the government. Usefulness of the data on making financial decisions; Framework of the U.S. business cycle; Indicators of change in the business cycle.
- Don't Sell Japan or South Korea Short. Weinberger, Caspar W. // Forbes Global;5/26/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p10
Assesses the economic performance of Japan and South Korea. Loss in the confidence of Japanese businesses in risk-taking; Decline in the economic indicators in Japan; Uncertainty in the economy in South Korea.
- A new leading indicator: workers recently laid off. Moore, Geoffrey H.; Cullity, John P. // Monthly Labor Review;May86, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p35
Develops layoff rates as leading indicators in business cycle analysis in the U.S. Comparison between the total layoff rate and the proposed indicator; Leads and lags of layoff rates at business cycle turns; Revision of the employment index to include the layoff rate by the Center for...