NASACT Asks TBMA to Collect Bond Fees From States for GASB
- TBMA Seeks Broader Automatic Exemption From Rule G-37. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/31/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31398, p64
Reports the appeal of The Bond Market Association to Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to expand the Rule G-37 on political contributions. Expansion of automatic exemption from Rule G-37; Provisions for management and supervisory officials; Prevention of municipal dealers from engaging in...
- NABL Requests Clarification of TEFRA Approval Requirements. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32555, p34
The article reports on the submission of comments by the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) to the Washington Treasury Department recommending to repeal the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982 public approval requirement for private-activity bonds. According to NABL, the...
- Getting Deals On Corporates. Cohen, Marilyn // Forbes Global;10/6/2003 Special Issue, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p120
Describes the Web site of the Bond Market Association. Features; Price transparency in the bond market; Trades for corporate bonds.
- TBMA Urges Delay In Some Reporting. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31720, p1
Focuses on the efforts of the Bond Market Association to convince the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to delay the posting of bond prices in New York City. Impact of immediate price dissemination on the reporting of the actual trade size; Reductions in the liquidity of the bonds; Use of...
- N.Y. County Group Mulls Pooled BABs. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;4/9/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33095, p1
The article reports on the plan to enclose the Build America Bonds (BABs) in a polled financing, initiated by the counties in New York. The New York State Association of Counties (NYSAC) intends to band together for the selling of the taxable BABs under a polled financing. The pooled financing...
- Treasury Official Praises NABL Issue Price Recommendations. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;10/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32483, p6
The article focuses on the views of U.S. the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) concerning the importance of issue price that affects bond yield in every transaction. The comments of NABL about issue price were presented at the Bond Attorneys Workshop. The discussions of issue price...
- Members for merger. // Accountancy;Jun72, Vol. 83 Issue 946, p7
Discusses the approval of the proposed merger of the Faculty of Accountants and Auditors and the British Association of Accountants and Auditors by the members of the groups. Effects of the merger; Status of integration in the profession.
- Suit Targets Petition Process for $200M Indianapolis School Deal. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/17/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32032, p3
This article reports that the Indiana Civil Liberties Union (ICLU) filed suit against the Marion County auditor. The union charged that a petition drive by opponents of a $200 million bond issue for the Indianapolis Public School violates the U.S. Constitution by excluding apartment dwellers...
- Public sector auditing studies. // Accountancy;Dec1994, Vol. 114 Issue 1216, p102
The article reports that the International Federation of Accountants' Public Sector Committee has approved the guidelines `"Auditing for Compliance with Authorities-A Public Sector Perspective" and "Using the Work of Other Auditors-A Public Sector Perspective."