New York Gets Its Share
- States Settle with Big Tobacco. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Dec98, Vol. 81 Issue 12, p6
Focuses on several states and United States territories that have reached a settlement with the tobacco industry. Terms under the agreement; Former Surgeon General Doctor C. Everett Koop's opposition on the settlement; Comments from Christine A. Gregoire, Attorney General for Washington.
- ASH on next year's voluntary agreement. Delamothe, Tony // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/12/88, Vol. 297 Issue 6658, p1218
Focuses on the agreement between the government and the tobacco industry in Great Britain. Renewal of the agreement related to the Action on Smoking and Health; Move of the government for setting the term of agreement; Importance of advertisement for the tobacco marketing. INSET: Diversification.
- Florida reaps tobacco settlement dividends. // Nation's Health;Oct98, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the amount added to the settlement agreement between the tobacco industry and the state of Florida in September 1998. Total payment to be made by the tobacco industry according to the settlement; Impact of the agreement on the industry.
- Jurisdiction (personal). // International Law Update;Nov99, Vol. 5, p151
Reports on a court's ruling supporting the Texas federal court's jurisdiction over a German lawyer who had negotiated substantial agreements in the state on behalf of Wien Air Alaska Inc.
- A NEW LEAF. Martin, Edward // Business North Carolina;Dec2002, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p34
Presents information on the effect of contract farming on tobacco auctions in tobacco warehouses in North Carolina. Worth value of tobacco sold under contract farming in North Carolina in 2002; Background on tobacco auctions; Decline in the state's tobacco harvest and tobacco warehouses.
- California Law on Prorogation Clauses in International Contracts: Beirut Universal Bank v. Superior Court & The Bremen v. Zapata Off-Shore Co. Jones, J. Sorton // California Law Review;Jan1974, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p183
Examines the tenability of the California's refusal to enforce prorogation or forum-selection clauses in contracts in light of 'The Bremen v. Zapata Off-Shore Co.,' a U.S. Supreme Court decision giving effect to a prorogation clause in an international contract. Aspects of the California case...
- You may not get your choice of law. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Apr2012, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p5
The article informs that including a "choice of law" clause in labor contracts doesn't mean that courts will always agree to the jurisdiction preferred by both parties.
- The ethics of consulting for the tobacco industry. Rubin, DB // Statistical Methods in Medical Research;Oct2002, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p373
This article describes how and why I became involved in consulting for the tobacco industry. I briefly discuss the four relatively distinct statistical topics that were the primary focus of my work, all of which have been central to my published academic research for over three decades: missing...
- New Lawsuit Alleges MSA Violates Compact Clause. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/4/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32189, p5
Reports on the lawsuit filed in Shreveport, Louisiana alleging the unconstitutionality of the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement between states and major tobacco companies by Washington, D.C.-based Competitive Enterprise Institute. Aim of the action to seek injunctive relief that would enjoin...